Since we need one.... The Club Chat Thread!!! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The guy that screwed everyone out of a lot of money?

TT a guy about buying the truck. Says he doesn't want wheels and tires. So no big right. Guy texts me back later asking if i have rollers for a few weeks.....LOL

This year I learned/relearned, sales is not my game.

Lol, you gotta love the audacity and stupidity of the people of Craigslist. 1 in 10 is normal, not on drugs and has an IQ above 7.
Just read this fine piece of work!
2004 f350

That one has been for sale for a while. If I'm gonna own a Chrysler-ish product it's gonna be a m715, which is technically kaiser. But I do love me some wwII trucks. Saw this weird bastard the other day.
41-GMC-COE-Radio-Truck-1-768x432.jpg

I was digging out a different front axle for the Fj55 and remembered I had this s10 blazer axle that is supposed to go in the nova. It's a narrower axle with lsd, disc brakes and better gearing. I was just gonna slap new leaf spring pads on it and call it good but the leaf springs were gonna hit the calipers. I had previously bought a universal triangulated 4 link a while ago too so I decided to bite the bullet.
Bought this thing off ebay and it was a rusty nasty pos missing a bunch of the little stuff.
20171204_135700.jpg

Cleaned and stripped it. Had to order calipers to make it complete again.
20171204_153857.jpg

$150 universal hot rod 4 link kit.
20171205_153442.jpg

Had to make a bridge for the upper links.
20171207_104517.jpg

Boxed, welded and painted. The coilover mounts are only tacked on.
20171211_171805.jpg

Under the car again for the 40th test fitting. Heavy tack welds holding the car side link mounts in place. Waiting on coilovers to get here on Wednesday. Then I gotta make the top mount and finish all the welding. This isn't necessarily ride height, just sitting on the jack so the driveshaft doesn't rub on the large web of crossbracing that I put under it previously. Then I can finally get back to the Fj55.
20171211_183035.jpg

While waiting for the coilovers to get here we decided to celebrate Christmas break with an engine swap. Collin's little vibe/matrix had a rod knock so we are throwing a junkyard engine in. Hopefully he doesn't follow in his brother's footsteps and manages to keep the wheels on the ground for more than a month. I'm enjoying him working with me but at the same time I'd be a lot faster without him! Oh well, he's learning a lot.
20171218_145836.jpg

Install a wheel chair ramp for the return trips. :steer: You could outfit it with a bar and have club meetings "on the fly".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom