show your 70 series tube bars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey all me and my mate are thinking off knocking up some backyard tube bars cause the bars that both of us have one our cars atm suck! we have a tube bender not that we are very experienced with it. have a mig welder- tools etc so show us what ya got so we can think of a desing within our limits:cheers:

hey all me and my mate are thinking off knocking up some backyard tube bars cause the bars that both of us have one our cars atm suck! we have a tube bender not that we are very experienced with it. have a mig welder- tools etc so show us what ya got so we can think of a desing within our limits:cheers:

So you found your way here;)

Whats wrong with what you got apart from it sucks:D
Do you still have the FRP ?

Your 73 is looking good;). Was it you looking to do a engine swap or was it another 73 series owner in the hills?

Last edited:
yeah rosco been a member here for ages actually forgot all about it to be honest, but remembered when started looking for pics, my current bar sticksout way to far like about 500mm from the front on the car,

yeah mandys had a bit of a makeover. nope not me looking at a engine convo

yeah rosco been a member here for ages actually forgot all about it to be honest, but remembered when started looking for pics, my current bar sticksout way to far like about 500mm from the front on the car,

yeah mandys had a bit of a makeover. nope not me looking at a engine convo

I think it looks ok. I know its can limit your entry angle but if you hit something big it has to bend some way back before its starts crumpling the expensive stuff;)
Have a look at everyone else's,they are all about the same;)

The one with the engine said his dad owned it and the 3F engine was fawked and using heaps of fuel.
He reckoned he could put a chev V8 and save lots of money:D

yeah but look how far it sticks out

abd tube bars look hot specialy with some sliders

jt2s001.jpg

hey ross how do u find the powerdown shocks? are the the raw ones? where did u get them?? hows the adujstemnt on them easy to do? many differant settings?

Last edited:
yeah but look how far it sticks out

abd tube bars look hot specialy with some sliders

jt2s001.jpg

Its the same as both my cruisers. I dont know how you could make something equally as strong without it looking like a farmers gate.
How about removing the tool/battery box and shortening the brackets.
If you dont want it ,Im sure you would have no problem selling a 70 series bullbar. Hardly any in the Quokka

hey ross how do u find the powerdown shocks? are the the raw ones? where did u get them?? hows the adujstemnt on them easy to do? many differant settings?

I like the Powerdowns and now have them on both cruisers. They are identical to the Raw 4x4.
They have 3 settings and I can change all 4 in about 15 minutes but I leave them on soft all the time.
To change the settings undo the bottom bolt , compress them and turn to the required setting and yhen bolt it up.
They have a 41 mm bore.
The ones on my 73 are at least 4 yo now but are still doing their job
I got the new ones from APE suspension on Gnangarra rd Gnangarra,just past Bill's Machinery.
The cost was about $70-80 each.
Im sure you could get something better but at what cost?
Ive see a lot of the big names not living up to their reputations but these have seen some rough tracks and no breakys so far
POWER LINE PICS 020 (Small).jpg

Last edited:
Hope these give some alternative ideas...

Nice work Felipe. We have a bit of a suicidal kangaroo problem and if you dont cover the whole front,that is where the kangaroos will aim for :D

well This is my rally type bumper.. just weight 18 kg.... and it`s pretty tuff.... can hold the 8274-50 with the 6hp motor... without problems...
btbumper.jpg

Here is a thread that might give a few ideas!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=73364

hth's

gb

How about the original from TOYOTA JAPAN

This my 2002 FZJ74 original bumber with grill guard :cool:
Copy of Photos 173.jpg

Here is a thread that might give a few ideas!

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?t=73364

hth's

gb

This is the Modded 70 series thread right? Am I the only one that cannot access that thread, I have tried for months to enter it, but can never get access. Is it blocked to me or what? I like looking at modded 70's, and am really disapointed I can't see them all.
Cheers,
Deny

This is the Modded 70 series thread right? Am I the only one that cannot access that thread, I have tried for months to enter it, but can never get access. Is it blocked to me or what? I like looking at modded 70's, and am really disapointed I can't see them all.
Cheers,
Deny

When you open the thread up it says in big letters "NO DENY'S":D:D:D

No it doesnt really;) It opens up ok for me.Send woody a PM

Beyotifull rig dude ..

Cheers mate, she runs differant rims now now cause 80series offset is differant:eek: . keep the pics comming people i deciding between a few options atm.

going to get the steel for my rock sliders tomorrow after work:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom