Should I get All Terrain Tires? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I also went with the Yokohama G015 in P275/65/18. I can't compare them to other tires, but after extensive research (which consisted of a rigorous amount of google searching :lol:), I am happy with my decision and they've been great in wet, dry and snow. I can't compare them to other tires, but they ticked all the boxes for me which include price, availability, snow flake certified, tread wear, solid reviews, quiet and good on and off pavement.

I visually compared them to LT275/70/18 KO2's side by side before having them installed and the BFG's definitely look more aggressive/tough. I was very tempted to go with the BFG's, but ultimately decided on the G015. Another tire to consider is the General Grabber 2 which has a similar looking tread to the KO2's, but you can get them in a P metric 275/65/18. The KO2's are all LT tires.
I am doing tire research for my LX 470 and am considering the G015 and the Conti Terrain Contact. I like the look of the Yokohama better but wanted to check with you since its been a few years. How did you like them? How was the fuel consumption? Ride?

I am doing tire research for my LX 470 and am considering the G015 and the Conti Terrain Contact. I like the look of the Yokohama better but wanted to check with you since its been a few years. How did you like them? How was the fuel consumption? Ride?
I have about 30k miles on them now and have about 4/32-5/32" left of tread left. They have been great tires in the wet and dry and when in the snow for weekend trips to the mountains. Gas mileage took a small hit, but not a huge difference. They have been very quiet even as they've aged. I could probably get another 10k miles out of them.

I have about 30k miles on them now and have about 4/32-5/32" left of tread left. They have been great tires in the wet and dry and when in the snow for weekend trips to the mountains. Gas mileage took a small hit, but not a huge difference. They have been very quiet even as they've aged. I could probably get another 10k miles out of them.

Almost exactly the same tread wear and mileage on mine.

Tire Geolander GO15.png
Geo2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom