Shop in the city for Fj80 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hey everyone, if you have been following my thread on the 80s tech forum, you will see that I am pretty much dicked 5 ways from Sunday and am in need of another set of (ideally professional) eyes on the situation. Any recommendations out there?

Also, as a preface, I would consider myself a decent wrencher, but I need to figure out what all is wrong with my driveline.
Thanks in advance!

Oh man, the Toyota dealership must have upped it from the 90 point inspection. What a value!

Yeah, I looked at those. I guess I just got my hopes up that I would get a better answer then LMGTFY (which I have obviously already done) or "your f***ed."

Also, this was for specifically in the City, not the burbs.

for those of us that don't regularly go into the 80s forum. I'm not sure why you would assume anyone here would.
New Rig, need drive shaft and maybe more?

It appears you need a front driveshaft. Go get a front driveshaft and 8 Toyota driveshaft bolts, nuts and washers. Do not listen to the 80s forum and get a double cardan front driveshaft. The 80 series doesn't use one. (IIRC, it's been 10-12 years since I owned one.) The hardware is available from Toyota.

I'm not sure how a decent wrencher hasn't figured out if he doesn't have a front driveshaft his first order of business is to go get one.

Last edited:
Yeah, I looked at those. I guess I just got my hopes up that I would get a better answer then LMGTFY (which I have obviously already done) or "your f***ed."

Also, this was for specifically in the City, not the burbs.

None of us live in or near the city. Agree with gumby, get a shaft from the for sale forum here on mud and go from there.

Must still be in the "baseline" process.
Everyone knows you don't start fixing stuff or buying parts till the baseline is complete.

Must still be in the "baseline" process.
Everyone knows you don't start fixing stuff or buying parts till the baseline is complete.

good point, thats a crucial step!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom