any reputable land cruiser mechanics in chicago. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

None, you have to load it on a shipping container and send it back to japan as only the factory is qualified to work on such a complex beast.

How's this turned into a joke lol. I'm simply asking if there is a shop known for restorations or working on these cars... who rebuilds a motor is pretty important to me.

Under the recommended mechanics there are none for Illinois

Last edited:
Probably turned into a joke because this is the third thread on the first page alone asking for one.

In your case the advise to the last guy who asked two threads ago doesn't apply. For him the answer was "it's just a car, anyone can fix it." To you the answer is "you're fxxxed" There is no Land Cruiser shops in Chicago and nobody will work on a vehicle that is desmogged because it's illegal as s*** to work on one that's been modified to eliminate emissions.

So learn how to work on it yourself or send it to Jim Chenowith in Ohio or Onur wherever he's at lately.

And before you post elsewhere, maybe use the search feature or at least scroll down the page and use your jizz catchers to see if the question has been asked before.

I do have to ask why you keep setting the engine to top dead center on number one and then pointing the rotor at #4? TDC on number 1 means the rotor should be pointed at number 1.

I suspect your plugs might well be fouled as well

Because #1 on the distributor cap is pointed at 4. According to everyone that's how it should look at tdc #1 when installed correctly. 99% sure the dist is installed correctly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom