Shaky mirror fix 2 minutes 2 zip ties (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Enjoying that beer in my mind. I should've posted this years ago.

This is so funny. Surfers think alike. I did this mod to mines in 09 when i bought it. Mahalos Floridian surfer for bringing back da memories.
Aloha Hawaiian surfer

Sent from my hawn finga using IH8MUD

Id luv to give this fix a shot but the access bolt is totally rusted and partially rounded. Rust sucks!!!!

Id luv to give this fix a shot but the access bolt is totally rusted and partially rounded. Rust sucks!!!!

Honestly my driver side bottom bolt snapped the casing, even with the "zip" tie fix its better than it's ever been w/o it. .02

A bump for those that haven't seen this thread, and a note. I just did this tonight (long overdue! Thanks!). Note that the zip ties should be about 12" long. Shorter ones just don't work, and it also doesn't work if you try using smaller ones and putting 3 together. They just don't cinch up right.

Don't know, never needed to. You would probably have to stick a razor blade behind the mirror to cut the zip ties.

Yes you can - I had to since I tried using 3x zip ties and screwed it up.

Pull the screw and use a thin blade to cut the zip ties. Just be careful.

I cant believe its that simple, I have been living with that for years, and never wanted to do the repair in the pm list. Awesome!!!

I never expected this thread to get so much attention. Maybe a moderator could fix that "dash" in the title?

This should be in the FAQ section.

Great fix. I was done in less than 20 minutes, and I can adjust the mirror better than before.

I used 3 8" zip-ties. As noted above, this made it more difficult than it should have been, but it worked in the end.

A bump of this thread for

Pat

The hooks were broken on both mirrors on my 'new to me' 1996 LX450. I simply cleaned the area around the hooks, applied a dab of 'shoe goo' , a tough rubbery cement, re-inserted the screw from underneath, and lighly clamped the mirrors overnight. After a couple months of driving and bouncing around, they are holding up well. Seems to be full range of aiming adjustment as well.

NICE ! - I[ve got to do this as BOTH my mirrors shake like crazy. .. can barely use them to see if something is or isnt there ... and even that is shotty.

Great idea. I tried other solutions and they either broke or weren't effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom