SEMA 2005- Expeditions West Coverage (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for sharing Scott. The side wings of the ARB looks kinda awkward of the Fjcruiser, like it was hacked on, I still don't like it, it's missing the classic LC lines, its too round. Favorite so far the LWB, that truck is super sweet:) what year is that ? and what Country is is from ?

interesting, your Expeditions West vehicle appears to be missing a critical sticker....I'll make sure I have one with me when I go thru on Thursday

;)

Hey Scott your site is looking great these days by the way... Hope you are doing well, I would love to come down there and check out the action but unfortunately not this year :( Also nice to see you here hanging out with the cruiser community... Best, Andre

Thanks so much for the nice feedback guys. I am really a cruiser lover, so I figured you guys would like to see some of the first shots of the FJ Cruiser, etc.

ARB is working on the suspension, bumper, lockers, etc. for the FJ and will be releasing new products quickly to support this model.

I have added a DETAIL page on the FJ Cruiser with loads of pictures. Dont hesitate to ask a question or I you would like for me to investigate a detail of the truck

A few quick comments now that I have seen the truck up close and sat in it.

1. The interior is my favorite part of the truck. Rubber floors, great seating position (not like my sedan like Tacoma seating), good ergo, etc. Rear seat is a bit akward on ingress, but comfortable once seated. Suprising amount of storage in the rear.

2. Clearance is a bit disapointing, with the fuel tank hanging low, etc.

3. It can fit a 285/70 with no lift

4. I really like the rack system, which is sturdy and functional.

5. The boom box is silly

6. The rear actually looks good with a vertical tire. I dont like it with the angle

7. This unit had front and rear lockers. Front ARB and rear E-locker

Scott
If you see one with the rear seats out of the way take a couple pic.'s ..
I was wondering how they fold down and if they are easy to remove altogether.??

Doing a great job..
Keep it coming...

Thanks

Ron D

Thanks for the great pics!

This really surprised me:

Inclinometer!!!

IMG_1946.JPG

Ron D said:
Scott
If you see one with the rear seats out of the way take a couple pic.'s ..
I was wondering how they fold down and if they are easy to remove altogether.??

Doing a great job..
Keep it coming...

Thanks

Ron D

Oooo good idea. I need to see if it is long enough to set up a sleeping platform too...

started life as a Brazilian Bandeirante they were made up thru 2000-1. TLC has used them for other builds, like the crew cab 45, as well as parts(tubs, tailgates, aprons(I have a pair of new ons, say Bandeirante stamped) doors ect.

I think the white LWB was one of the 40's that Toyota has TLC build 4-5 years ago as at that time Toyota was thinking of going "real" retro............but the changed there mind, 4 or so different versions were built, the TLC Icon is the result I believe

nmostofi said:
T classic LC lines, its too round. Favorite so far the LWB, that truck is super sweet:) what year is that ? and what Country is is from ?

Last edited:
Great updates Scott. Good job :cool: On the FJC, can you get some idea as to whether or not there is room for a larger fuel tank, or an auxiliary tank under there? My guess is it has an average size fuel tank in stock form? (i.e. not the greatest range?) I am liking it more and more. I am interested to know about the seat hardware also, as was mentioned earlier. It looks like the rear floor comes up? More storage underneath? The IFS looks very much like the Tacoma, with the sway-bar link forward of the CV axles, and I see it has some Donahoe coilovers on it. Cool! It appears to have manual 4wd engagement via the shifter? (no push-button?). I like the rack too. And the recessed pockets in the ARB are kind of cool, nice touch. Is there by any chance a door sticker or something on this thing that will tell us GVW and GVWR? Any word on fuel rating? Is that a passenger airbag I see recesssed in the top surface of the dash?

Sorry for all the questions :grinpimp:

:popcorn:

Nice work Scott. I've been wondering for a while what it looked like from the inside.

Regards

Alvaro

Damn - that ARB FJ Cruiser is looking pretty sweet (ARB, onboard air), might have to change my mind on these after all ;) Until I see every young punk on the corner with one ... loaded up with bolt on 4Wheelparts crapola :frown:

Good work mate!

Tucker

BTW: any more pics of that nice 55?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom