Selling Price ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all
I have a 1988 FJ62 - 240,000 miles
Rebuilt motor with about 8k miles on it
Lift kit
New two tone paint- one small rust spot on fender, not visible until you open the hood
Rugs have removed and floors sprayed with LINE-X, easy to keep clean
Transmission recently serviced
Maintenance done regularly at local shop that restores these trucks
My question what is a reasonable price for the truck.
I see prices that go from 5k to 25k-
Your thought greatly appreciated.

No pics, hard to get you a price.

Yes I post some when I get a chance, however the pic in my avatar is the truck. :)

20170325_151212.jpg

20180330_110651.jpg

I see literal garbage for $5000 on CL all the time, so I wouldn't be surprised if you could get $10-15k since the rust doesn't seem out of control and it's got a fresh rebuild. Find you a trust-funder that can't drive a stick and you're golden.

Roof is white- body champagne color
Why selling- simplifying :)

$10k-$20k for a print add. Possibly $20k plus on something like a BAT auction. You need to thoroughly photo all angles and underneath. All bad spots etc.

People are asking dumb numbers, not necessarily getting them. Depending on underside I’d guess 8000-11000. Rhino line, white roof, aftermarket rims, rust are negatives. If you have documentation/receipts for rebuild it’d be a big positive. Rust underneath/hiding rust is the wildcard imo. Good luck!

I’d agree rhino lined is definitely a downside for someone willing to spend on the higher end of the ranges I mention below. If I were you I’d get the @dnp carpet kit and install with some sound deadening (at least jute).

White roof and aftermarket wheels are a minus for some. 50/50 depending on the buyer. Unmolested trucks in good condition are harder and harder to find.

Body is a big plus, Arizona history big plus. Solid body condition on the East Coast is a big plus. Question marks are undercarriage (especially with a beach pic), interior condition (seats, dash etc), AC, and what do you mean by maintenance. Also, fresh paint already showing fender rust would make me question the quality of the prep. Tool bags and early records on the vehicle are nice to haves.

Other than the rebuilt motor what other systems have been rebuilt/replaced? I ask because educated buyers (most on IH8mud) know these trucks (especially 62s with the lack of carburetor) can get down the road fine but still require a lot of items/baselining. This would be the cooling system, brakes, knuckle rebuild/axle service, weatherstripping/seals, steering system, etc. None of these are huge individual items but taken together it can be costly. Then again, it’s a 30 year old truck.

Assuming the answers to the questions I’ve posed have decent responses and the undercarriage looks good I’d say 11k to 14k on mud. 15k to 19k are the prices I’ve seen on the open market for something like this. However, BAT and eBay histories seemed mixed and no transparency on what it actually goes for. Prices would be slightly lower if it wasn’t in the NE.

Patience goes a long way when shopping for these trucks because that could easily be found for $8k too. This is the time period for these trucks where prices are just all over the map.

To be in the 25k range you need a spotless low miler, a restored truck, or something with a well built diesel (not a Cummins 4bt imho)/LS conversion and other tasteful/functional mods (high quality bumpers, arb lockers).

Apologies for the brain dump.

Last edited:
Thank you Gentleman- will be back with pictures all around- and supply/answer to the best of knowledge-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom