Sell My brand new double beadlocks? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So ever since I got my new wheels and (newish) tires the 80 has been a lawn ornament. I didn't quite understand the backspacing issue and there is no way these things are gunna tuck in without more lift or a lot of cutting. I don't want to do either. I have a Ironman 2" lift, atm, that is very saggy. I thought I wanted a 2" heavy slinky setup but that doesn't appear to exist. I really like minimum lift. My wife says sell the wheels and tires and get a new lift kit but I'm not sure that will solve my overall problem here. I am usually pretty loaded down so I think I need heavies but does that mean I have to go higher? If I have to go higher anyway then I will keep my wheels. Ugh! Decisions!

Ok lay on some of that mud wisdom

I'd sell the wheels. I've run non beadlocks at 12 psi on my 80 and wheeled thru many hard trails without popping a bead. Since the 80 is so heavy, you can get a nice sidewall bulge at a relatively high air pressure, which helps keep the bead from popping off. Trying to cut fenders and change lift doesn't seem worth it when you can probably recover at least 75% of your investment in he beadlocks. Even with a different lift you won't get around the cutting issue unless you move to another offset.

Just my two cents.

What sized tires are those? I mean, to not fit in the 80 wheel wells it's got to be huge. I'd evaluate the trails you want to run, look at the rigs on here that have run them, and go from there. Don't try to get all your height from the tires, knowhutamean? If you're unhappy with the suspension where it is anyways going up an inch and a half with a medium lift, heavy load isn't bad. I really like mine, I'm always loaded, and the only reason I scrape is that I leave my hitch in the receiver.

It's all about how your going to use it

It's only a 12.5" wide tire. My 37×12.5" tires stuff perfectly. It's the fact that the wheel offset is wrong that's causing the headaches. It's going to take a lot more than a 2 inch body lift to give you the space you lose under the fender well. The only other choice is to break out the sawzall.

20160116_164151.jpg

Thanks for the input guys. I did a lot of thinking about the trails I run and selling does seem to be the best option so far. My heart hurts thinking about it.

possible to change the backset? Used to be some shops that could do that. Stockton?

damn Those wheels look bad ass on your rig!

Those wheels are Hutchison military wheels that hAve already been reentered with a new center section. I believe there is one one back spacing with a formed center. Amy you do not want a flat center that has more adjustment. You can go with original non reentered 8 lug and then get spacer/adapters to go 6 lug. Not a lot of options as the demand is pretty low. There are a lot of treads on using them. The spacers are not cheap new but they are out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom