Seeking Leaf spring advice (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That is the proper Alcan for Pigs!
I have heard hit-and-miss stories about Alcan springs for Pigs. Some good, some not so good.

What specs did they build those springs to? Do you mind me asking how much $$$?
I am not sure the exact specs as I didn’t ask for them and they didn’t provide them. I called alcan and spoke to a guy named Lew. I told him I have a bone stock Fj55 and wanted bolt in replacements. He said they’ve done springs for fj55s and had all the specs. Just asked if I planned to add any weight (I did not) and if I wanted any extra lift. I went with 2” over stock at the advice of folks here. Took about 7 weeks to receive them. $1298 for the 4 springs and $231 for shipping. Drives so nice now. Hope that helps!

I am not sure the exact specs as I didn’t ask for them and they didn’t provide them. I called alcan and spoke to a guy named Lew. I told him I have a bone stock Fj55 and wanted bolt in replacements. He said they’ve done springs for fj55s and had all the specs. Just asked if I planned to add any weight (I did not) and if I wanted any extra lift. I went with 2” over stock at the advice of folks here. Took about 7 weeks to receive them. $1298 for the 4 springs and $231 for shipping. Drives so nice now. Hope that helps!
This is encouraging, Lew was easy to work with and definitely spoke like he knew what Specs were for the 55. I placed mine around 7 weeks ago and since I got my quote mid summer they said prices had gone up to over $1600 for same set up. I hope to install new set next week.

Finally got the alcans and new shocks on, here's a pic. This was 2" lift from the stock alcan setup. The advice i got to go with 2" lift to be closer to stock was valid. Tires on there are 30x9.5x15. Can definitely go bigger on next tire change. Drives like a different vehicle. Now to address the rust and get it back to the orig green/white...

View attachment 2799784
View attachment 2799785
did your springs come with u bolts??

Finally got the alcans and new shocks on, here's a pic. This was 2" lift from the stock alcan setup. The advice i got to go with 2" lift to be closer to stock was valid. Tires on there are 30x9.5x15. Can definitely go bigger on next tire change. Drives like a different vehicle. Now to address the rust and get it back to the orig green/white...

View attachment 2799784
View attachment 2799785

did your springs come with u bolts??
Sorry been off mud for a few days. I did order the u bolts and totally screwed up the measurements. They will advise you this is the most common screw up for owners ordering u bolts.

Once I took a u bolt off and could get accurate measurements Alcan had the new ones to me in a couple days. I felt they are great quality and quick response very appreciated.

Even though I haven’t been able to drive it much since it’s at the body shop I was very pleased with the final product. Great stance, and install was effortless.

What it boils down to is the definition of “effortless”. Nothing worthwhile is easy…

Having installed 4 OME kits on various cruisers through the years it was as easy or slightly easier. Fit was darn good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom