Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (1 Viewer)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome! Thanks. We are going to run some roads in ONF today to check out some waterfalls. Trying to decide if Sol Duc falls is worth the three hour drive or if e should stick closer tot his side. it seems like there are quite a few falls closer to us. We will head over there to RNP tomorrow.

Sol Duc is awesome for the sights! Lake Crescent along the way as well!

If you are looking for falls close to Shelton - check out Murhut falls off Duckabush road. Just up the hood canal from you. There is a really fun seasonal campground there called Collins that's right along the river. Great spot to explore.

Sol Duc is awesome for the sights! Lake Crescent along the way as well!

If you are looking for falls close to Shelton - check out Murhut falls off Duckabush road. Just up the hood canal from you. There is a really fun seasonal campground there called Collins that's right along the river. Great spot to explore.

Thanks for the great info man. I really appreciate it. We ended up planning a sort of quarter loop starting at Wynoochiee Falls and ending at Murhut for a total of 5 waterfalls. In the end, we only ended up seeing one 😂

We drove all the way to Wynoochiee and it turns out that the road past the lake is closed until April 30. We saw another FS road on the west side of the lake and got a few miles in before it also was gated.

Then we went looking for Spoon Creek Falls and we’re a little displaced until we saw a very old but nice guy in the middle of nowhere who gave us some semblance of directions to the falls and also told us how to get to Hoodsport on FS roads through the mountains. He was right about the falls and we found that and had a nice hike down to that one which was great. Then we had a roadside lunch at Satsop Center, which while completely deserted looked like a cool place.

Unfortunately, he had told us that we could got over to hoodsport via the FS roads up and around the Satsop lakes, but once we started getting higher in the mountains, it was clear that nobody had been up there all winter and there was a lot of snow and downed trees. By the time we got back over toward the 101, we dashed to make it to Hamma Hamma falls, but it also became impassable about 2 miles from the falls because of snow. I probably would have risked it if it was first thing in the morning by now it was 4:30.

By the time we got back down to the 101, the kids were over it and we did not get to try for Murhut falls.

It’s all good though. We had a great day. Brilliant weather and lots of great exploring. We ere able to get off on some very cool tertiary FS roads and engage 4lo a few times. The waterfalls are great, but it is more about the ride along the way.

Awesome! Thanks. We are going to run some roads in ONF today to check out some waterfalls. Trying to decide if Sol Duc falls is worth the three hour drive or if e should stick closer tot his side. it seems like there are quite a few falls closer to us. We will head over there to RNP tomorrow.
You know 410 is still closed @ Greenwater right?

You know 410 is still closed @ Greenwater right?

I did not. According to Waze/google and on the DOT website it says that it is closed at milepost 57 near Crystal Mountain, but we aren’t planning on going that far anyways. We are looking at FS7720 and Evans Creek as possible options.

We decided to do that tomorrow and stay local today, but it looks like there is going to be snow over that way tomorrow so we may rue that decision.

I may check out Capital SF this afternoon.

Still thinking about checking out Tahuya on Friday as well.

I did not. According to Waze/google and on the DOT website it says that it is closed at milepost 57 near Crystal Mountain, but we aren’t planning on going that far anyways. We are looking at FS7720 and Evans Creek as possible options.

We decided to do that tomorrow and stay local today, but it looks like there is going to be snow over that way tomorrow so we may rue that decision.

I may check out Capital SF this afternoon.

Still thinking about checking out Tahuya on Friday as well.
Tahuya is great! Also been seeing a bunch of stuff about Elbe ORV, which is on the way to RNP South entrance. You just have to go around. From what I have seen on Youtube stay off Busywild!! I have zero experience in this spot. Looks like lots of UTV activity so deep ruts. A TACO 4Runner group ran Swamp trail on Sunday looks like maybe not a solo family trail. They used a lot of recovery treads!!!

Hope you guys have a great visit. Still super mud/snow season here.

Elbe ORV
Elbe ORV FB Page

Trail maps for hood canal area
trail closures the 4/30 maps

Attachments

• stelprdb5364115.pdf
    6 MB · Views: 50
  • stelprdb5364113.pdf
    6.3 MB · Views: 84
  • fseprd576598.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 44
  • fseprd576597.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 47
Seattle Peeps - there was a bank error in my favor. I got shipped two sets of the CV axle poppers/pry to remove the front CV shaft from the front diff. If you'd like the 2nd set, drop me a PM and we can arrange a pickup/dropoff sometime. <claimed>
Amazon product ASIN B08TGVKJGP

Last edited:
open house at Mule tomorrow!

1619225096846.jpeg

OK so I finally was able to read through the thread and see what the group is about. Excited to join a trip with you all one day. My 2016 is still stock except a roof basket, just saving up cash so I can slowly start building up. I just found some RW wheels, so some AT tires will be first real mod on the list. If you have recommendations on where to pick some up (thinking those wildpeaks look badass), or recommendations on which one is good for local exploring and DD in PNW climate, would appreciate it.

I mostly bought the truck to go on adventures with my wife and 3 kids (Aged 4, 2, 6months). I want them to grow up with the appreciation of stopping to smell the flowers, and gravel cycling with a trailer wasn't really cutting it :) We have hit up some FS roads off i90 so far, but hoping to try Stampede and Naches this summer as soon as they open, and get lost all over the area to explore. Looking forward to going out with some locals to learn the trails and good trail etiquette.

There are the many tire threads. It starts with type and then size. After you have a think on the AT vs Hybrid vs MT decision and how big you want to go we can provide better thoughts on specific tires.

OK so I finally was able to read through the thread and see what the group is about. Excited to join a trip with you all one day. My 2016 is still stock except a roof basket, just saving up cash so I can slowly start building up. I just found some RW wheels, so some AT tires will be first real mod on the list. If you have recommendations on where to pick some up (thinking those wildpeaks look badass), or recommendations on which one is good for local exploring and DD in PNW climate, would appreciate it.

I mostly bought the truck to go on adventures with my wife and 3 kids (Aged 4, 2, 6months). I want them to grow up with the appreciation of stopping to smell the flowers, and gravel cycling with a trailer wasn't really cutting it :) We have hit up some FS roads off i90 so far, but hoping to try Stampede and Naches this summer as soon as they open, and get lost all over the area to explore. Looking forward to going out with some locals to learn the trails and good trail etiquette.
Here's some pics from a trip to Tahuya we did years ago, easy trails and a fun day! I'm sure we will get another trip out there soon, grab some good A/T's or mudders in a 33 and you'll be fine, welcome to the gang!

There are the many tire threads. It starts with type and then size. After you have a think on the AT vs Hybrid vs MT decision and how big you want to go we can provide better thoughts on specific tires.
Thanks Grinchy. Thinking AT. I was reading that Wildpeaks seemed to have the best wet grip on pavement for daily driver days, as well as being snow rated. I think ill start with those in the P class. Was also considering KO2, terra grappler G2, etc. open to having my mind changed if anyone feels strongly about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom