Events/Trails Seattle area role call and planning thread (2 Viewers)

Let’s do a Tahuya trip. When can you go?

• Saturday July 24

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Saturday July 31

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saturday Aug 7

Votes: 3 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Saturday July 27th you guys want to do a Tahuya route ? Or even on the 20th?

Will be a first for me.
I'm out of town both of those days, would love to run Tahuya with ya in August if ya guys roll again...

NWOL meetup in Issaquah at the Gaslamp this friday August 9th starting at 6. I'll be there - hope to see some of y'all!

Short notice, but if anyone interested: Events | The Shop
OVERLAND Cars & Coffee - Open to Public
Sat, November 09 2019 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Shop is hosting an Overlanding Cars and Coffee with Northwest Overland and TacomaWorld Northwest for all things offroad! Bring out your beasts and show us what you got!

I originally saw this on northwestoverland Events | northwestoverland

I am going to drop by. The Seattle area folks should get together again soon and plan a day.

Seattle friends, I'm working on my parts list for the water pump and radiator replacement, has anyone found a 200/lx570 independent repair guy to work on our rigs?

Road trip to Yellowstone in June and figured I would start getting ready now!

2010 lx570 135K

Seattle friends, I'm working on my parts list for the water pump and radiator replacement, has anyone found a 200/lx570 independent repair guy to work on our rigs?

2010 lx570 135K

I get all my work done at Greg’s in Renton. They’ve done my radiator, alternator, and AHC shocks.

2010 lx570 135K

Torfab.

Hey Folks,

Sorry I feel like have been MIA. But I have been busy at work and starting a new Overland business. Is anyone planning on going to the NWOL rally? I have a big vendor space (40'x80') and some free passes. Not sure how many vehicles I can handle but would love to have folks hang. I will be there the whole time.

Cheers, Kyle

Oh, check out my site. I will have left and right 270 deg batwing type awnings in the spring too. And maybe a pop up hard shell James Baroud esc. I only have one tent to sell ATM but have about 60 tents and 4 trailers that will be in my warehouse soon. If you guys are interested I can make you a great deal.

Hey Folks,

Sorry I feel like have been MIA. But I have been busy at work and starting a new Overland business. Is anyone planning on going to the NWOL rally? I have a big vendor space (40'x80') and some free passes. Not sure how many vehicles I can handle but would love to have folks hang. I will be there the whole time.

Cheers, Kyle

Oh, check out my site. I will have left and right 270 deg batwing type awnings in the spring too. And maybe a pop up hard shell James Baroud esc. I only have one tent to sell ATM but have about 60 tents and 4 trailers that will be in my warehouse soon. If you guys are interested I can make you a great deal.

We are looking at going. Renting a friends trailer to stay in while there.

Hey Folks,

Cheers, Kyle

Hey Kyle - I'll be at NWOR. Let's coordinate! Would love a trailer demo too - we're in the market.

I'll be at NWOR also. Veteran Overland booth.

I'll be at NWOR also. Veteran Overland booth.
Just a warning, it's gonna get real awkward when I'm there checking out your tires :)

Hey Kyle - I'll be at NWOR. Let's coordinate! Would love a trailer demo too - we're in the market.
You can borrow my trailer anytime I'm not using it. We can set a time for you to come look at it too.

I'm 2 for 2 with NWOR conflicting with a backpack trip. If not I might come up for a day on the weekend.

Now that we are in the PNW (Bend, not Seattle) getting to NWOR is certainly on the list. But not having been before I'm curious what you all think of it. This past September-ish my wife and I drove to the Cle Elum area to meet up with our son's family who lives in Seattle. Along our drive we saw a LOT of rigs of various shapes and sizes coming from some event. Could that have been NWOR?

Hey Folks,

Cheers, Kyle

Your site looks like a great starting point now get inventory moving. I have been thinking about a trailer but life has kicked in twice and one is in the balls with a family illness the other crazy work travel. I think I'll hit Alaska MVP next week.

Where and when is the event, I might try and check it out if i can do it on a day trip.

Your site looks like a great starting point now get inventory moving. I have been thinking about a trailer but life has kicked in twice and one is in the balls with a family illness the other crazy work travel. I think I'll hit Alaska MVP next week.

Where and when is the event, I might try and check it out if i can do it on a day trip.

The trailers are great I love mine. It is not quite as refined as some of the $15-$30K trailers out there but it is very functional. And it isn't $15-$30K.....;)

Here is the info for the Rally June 18-21 in Plain, WA just outside Leavenworth.

Now that we are in the PNW (Bend, not Seattle) getting to NWOR is certainly on the list. But not having been before I'm curious what you all think of it. This past September-ish my wife and I drove to the Cle Elum area to meet up with our son's family who lives in Seattle. Along our drive we saw a LOT of rigs of various shapes and sizes coming from some event. Could that have been NWOR?
I had a good time last year. That was my first. It's a bunch of folks hanging out talking gear, experiences, trail rides every day, and vendors showing off products and builds.

I've been the last three years. I have only been to NWOR and last year, RMOR. I have friends that have been to Overland Expo West and NWOR and RMOR.
I have enjoyed it every year. It is a relaxed and inviting atmosphere. The vendors aren't pushy. The event is well organized with a nice array of different how-to classes and folks sharing their travel experiences. There is a decent off-road course that is open to all makes/models and trainers to assist. The campground area is organized and divided between quiet and not-so-quiet areas. The bonfires and raffles at the end of each night can be long but are usually pretty entertaining. The nearby town of Leavenworth is also nice.
My aforementioned friend has stated NWOR is his favorite. Expo was overwhelming and crowded and too big. He feels like NWOR is more of a gathering of friends and family and Expo, while fun, felt more corporate and less authentic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom