School a newb on E-Bikes (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sold the bike earlier today on CL for quite a bit more than I can get a new one for
cool.gif

Now Im looking for a replacement, but open to other options

Still want a folding fat tire dual suspension bike with at least 1000 watts

Does anyone make a mid drive like this?

I ended up ordering a new 2021 model

$300 off coupon code for anyone interested

I put an $800 mid-drive on a $550 gravel bike and put together a pair of 500Wh batteries for it after finding that the only ready-made e-bike that could handle 250 pounds of me plus 50 pounds of gear (Super73 RX, highly recommend if you're a heavy but not tall bastard) was lying when they said it would fit my 6'6" ass.

So far, it's been really nice having that 1500W to crawl up hills in first gear, and my top speed in 8th is a lot faster than my buddy who bought the RX from me. I'm sure I'll break the frame if do anything too far beyond my 'sick of paying for gas to go buy three things at the store via a 3 mile round trip with two intersections' duty cycle, but I see that as a perfect opportunity to upgrade. I'll post pics when I'm done building my battery housing. and settle on a cable-routing setup other than a mix of painter's and Gorilla tape.

So, yeah, I think I'd say if you've got the electrical skills to install a DIY aux battery setup in a 40 or 60, and the wrenching skills to change your knuckle seals, you're more than ready to build your own e-bike and save a couple thousand...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom