Scheel-Mann Seat Install (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

These seats have been swimming around in the back of my mind since I got my 80 2 and 1/2 years ago and began the complete restoration and upgrade process.

I remember I asked @Delta VS about some of the seats in their pictures and that's when I learned about these. It's no secret. I'm a huge Delta fanboy which makes looking at these almost too easy :hillbilly:

Interior is one of the last things I'm focused on and I'm about there. With my driver's seat back seeming to be very loose, tickets and wobbly sort of out of nowhere one day I am not sure if I need to tighten bolts or weld something. These seat upgrades have now come to the forefront, why not upgrade BillyGoat, why not....... :grinpimp:

I suddenly find myself with much want :flipoff2:

I'm suspicious that any of the molle stuff would even fit between seat and drivers door on the knightsbridge overland seat covers.

I searched for some seat covers for the shield man seats and darn well half the price of the seats!! anyone have any other options that take less than 5 minutes to put on?

I'm suspicious that any of the molle stuff would even fit between seat and drivers door on the knightsbridge overland seat covers.

I'm sure you are right, not a lot of room on the sides except the inside of the backs. Really probably only the backs that would be truly useful. I just looked back at the site, and TBH, the pic isn't doing them any favors. I expect a seat cover at this price to fit better than that pic is hitting me right now.

Jason

You must have gotten a better deal on your seats than I did... :cool:

Jason
this is what I came up with. Seat Cover scheel-mann Vario Schwarz | black | O-5298-20.2 - https://www.delta-bags.de/en/Seat-Cover-scheel-mann-Vario-Schwarz/O-5298-20.2 At first they looked like the perfect cover. But when you watch the install video, you gotta take the seat out and looks to be about 1 hour per seat to install....I wanted something nice and snug fitting that can be put on in minutes, just for surface mud from boots or from a dirty recovery. I have a set of Corbeau covers from a recent build I will mock up and see if they fit. If not, then oh well. I don't always roll in the mud, but when I do I just want to temporarily protect my S M seats.

Oh, I'm right there with you, I want the same essentially. I was just joking about the covers being half the price of the seats. $400 is not half the price of any Scheel-Mann seat I have seen... :) It also bugs the hell out of me that both these companies are selling expensive custom seat covers, and they are baggy / wrinkly in the pics. I don't want to sit on bunched up fabric in my expensive orthopedic seat.

Jason

I think everyone is worrying too much about getting these seats dirty. I buried a former truck of mine in a north Florida swamp last year and the front seats were in water and mud for a good hour. They are simple to clean and don’t hold smell. I’ve got three sets now and don’t think twice about getting them dirty.

dang....If you can afford $13.5k for three sets of these, my hats off to you, and I mean that (not sarcastically)...thats awesome,.......... but Im a frugal clean freak with severe adhd and gotta keep these suckers as clean as possible.

dang....If you can afford $13.5k for three sets of these, my hats off to you, and I mean that (not sarcastically)...thats awesome,.......... but Im a frugal clean freak with severe adhd and gotta keep these suckers as clean as possible.
Well I was actually counting this weekend and I’ve had 7 sets since 2019. I sold a set, gave a set to a buddy, and the other two (that I no longer have) ended up in trucks that were sold. The current ones are all custom and cost about double what a normal set costs and I still would not think twice about getting them dirty. They are much tougher than you give them credit. Very good seats.

That is very good to know, appreciate the real world experiences. I'm also in the camp the price for a pair makes them something I want to take care of....

The pair of seats is actually more than I paid for the truck... But just a fraction of what I have in it now. :confused:

Jason

Last edited:
I think everyone is worrying too much about getting these seats dirty. I buried a former truck of mine in a north Florida swamp last year and the front seats were in water and mud for a good hour. They are simple to clean and don’t hold smell. I’ve got three sets now and don’t think twice about getting them dirty.

Despite that scheelmann seats are above what I would want to pay for new seats....if I did get them...I would not cover them at all. Just my two cents. It is nice to know that they clean easily after being submerged in swamp water.

Despite that scheelmann seats are above what I would want to pay for new seats....if I did get them...I would not cover them at all. Just my two cents. It is nice to know that they clean easily after being submerged in swamp water.
The seats overall look good but the real reason to buy them is how well they sit and the quality. They are just superb seats.

They are a splurge for me for sure, but they are just so right in an 80. They fit well, blend with the style, and I only have a few miles in them so far, but they already feel pretty damn amazing. They are one of the things I saw and just said, damn, I'm going to have these, how am I paying for them. Honestly I bought one at a time to spread the cost out. The Scheel-Mann seats on Planted brackets, just ooze quality and bolt right in, no fuss. The only down side other than the cost it they seem to be the trendy overland thing. I'm not a very trendy person and tend to avoid all that...

Jason

I got a guy looking into making us covers for them. Snug, not tight. canvas outer, lined inner...I will know his reply by this weeks end. If its a go, i will request 12 sets.

well, that fell through....too much work for such a rare part....thats ok. Turns out if we do a search for "Sprinter seat covers", this will narrow down our search for the S.M. seat covers

First of all, my bank account has the following message for everyone who has contributed to this thread 🖕

I’m waiting for my link to pay for a pair of these. I haven’t seen them, or sat in them, and the price tag makes them the 2nd largest single mod on my rig. Literally more than my Dobisons MMR’s but less than Joey’s turbo kit. I hope they are as nice as y’all say. Will update when they come in!

First of all, my bank account has the following message for everyone who has contributed to this thread 🖕

I’m waiting for my link to pay for a pair of these. I haven’t seen them, or sat in them, and the price tag makes them the 2nd largest single mod on my rig. Literally more than my Dobisons MMR’s but less than Joey’s turbo kit. I hope they are as nice as y’all say. Will update when they come in!

I know how you feel, the pair is more than I paid for the 80 actually. I suppose they are my single most expensive mod. I'm cringing at the price of bumpers, and then realize I have more in my seats... I only have ~ 90 miles in them, but they feel great so far, and they are just the perfect seat for an 80 I think. And probably the first seat to fit my back well (I got the XXL's) since that's where all my height is. Did you get the Planted brackets ? They are the only ones I have experience with, but they were perfect.

Enjoy !

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom