Scene from the Backup Camera (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just to add my two cents, a camera is a useful tool to have to check before you begin backing up to make sure there is nothing behind you that might otherwise go unseen, but while actually backing up you should be turning and looking while driving. Again just my beliefs on the matter.

From the AVIC thread, not of anything special:

IMG_0478.jpg

Screen image MAY appear reversed??? Does it decide to reverse the scene sometimes and then not to at others? Someone needs to redesign their on-screen messages.

how long is a meter? :)

Pretty freakin long according to my camera :(

I've got to say though for 25 dollars the nightvision is outstanding. I'll post a pic later if anyone is interested.

Edit for the above poster: no the image is correct 100 percent of the time. I think pioneer just had to put that disclaimer in there for those cameras that don't auto correct.

Screen image MAY appear reversed??? Does it decide to reverse the scene sometimes and then not to at others? Someone needs to redesign their on-screen messages.
They may be thinking of those who think that the image is NOT reversed, and expecting that the left of the camera is to the left on the screen. So: "May Appear" and "Is" and "Is Not", could carry different meanings for Peter and Paul.

Here's one from my old Kenwood head unit.
IMG_2455%20%28Large%29.JPG

Heartwarming, touching and scary pic. That's when you realize the benefits of a BU camera.

Is this cam positioned between the lic.plate lights?

Heartwarming, touching and scary pic. That's when you realize the benefits of a BU camera.

Is this cam positioned between the lic.plate lights?

Camera has a bracket that uses the two license plate bolts.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Functionality not so good when Slee'd. I'll be working on a fix this week. :)

I've got this same issue. Did you find a good location for the camera? Did you move the existing camera and re-route the cable, or did you install a new camera and run a new cable? Thanks

Slee has relocation brackets that put them inside the hub of the tire swingout. It requires extending the wires but, I've seen it done.

Slee has relocation brackets that put them inside the hub of the tire swingout. It requires extending the wires but, I've seen it done.

Has anyone installed these relocation brackets themselves? I've only heard of them being installed at Slee's workshop. Are they for sale as standalone?

-Simo

nakman, what camera is that?

The brand is Power Acoustik.. it's whatever BestBuy had at the time. I'll see if there's a model number on it, as I tossed the box..

I had BestBuy do the install.. almost a spur of the moment decision: they had a really good deal on the older Pioneer 920's now that the 930 is in, I was able to get the backup camera, install, ipod cables, and 920 HU for less than a new 930 HU so I went with it.

Has anyone installed these relocation brackets themselves? I've only heard of them being installed at Slee's workshop. Are they for sale as standalone?

-Simo

No idea, but here's a good picture of a bracket.. really not that much to it I'm sure you could fab one out of something? Just needs to span between your license plate holes, then heck just drill through the license plate to mount the camera to it.

2532187_sa.jpg

No idea, but here's a good picture of a bracket.. really not that much to it I'm sure you could fab one out of something? Just needs to span between your license plate holes, then heck just drill through the license plate to mount the camera to it.

2532187_sa.jpg

I was referring to the bracket that allows for the factory rear-view camera to be relocated to the Slee tire carrier (to get around the spare tire blocking the view of the rear-view camera.) If I understood the above image correctly, that looks like a bracket for mounting a camera in the "stock" location, right above the rear license plate.

From this weekend. Kenwood HU and Kenwood CCD-2000 backup camera, mounted in the lower lip of the lift-gate between the license plate lights.
_MG_9867.jpg

Functionality not so good when Slee'd. I'll be working on a fix this week. :)

I've got this same issue. Did you find a good location for the camera? Did you move the existing camera and re-route the cable, or did you install a new camera and run a new cable? Thanks

Curious on the solution here. Wondering if it can be moved 3 inches to the left where one of the lights are.

Curious on the solution here. Wondering if it can be moved 3 inches to the left where one of the lights are.

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom