Builds Savirc Aircruiser build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Much thanks. Saw your earlier intent to use a gas strut, assume you never bothered or too much hassle?

I still have it and made a half-hearted attempt at fabricating something for it but I just got used to dealing with the heavy tailgate, it's really not a big deal until someone that doesn't know it's heavy tries to open it and it slams down on them.

You can save the tailgate assist if you are careful.
I think it was either @Tanner H or @yngmrostrvile who figured out a way to keep the spring assist intact while installing one of these tailgate storage things.

You can save the tailgate assist if you are careful.
I think it was either @Tanner H or @yngmrostrvile who figured out a way to keep the spring assist intact while installing one of these tailgate storage things.
Interesting, I'll have to look into it I did save the spring. Not sure how it wouldn't be in the way though. I'll have to look at their threads.

Interesting, I'll have to look into it I did save the spring. Not sure how it wouldn't be in the way though. I'll have to look at their threads.

Oh it's definitively in the way... it cuts the opening in half. Not sure it's worth it.

Not cruiser specific, but there’s is a meet once a month at Red Circle off 518 in pearland. Yota meet. Think it’s called Rigs and Churros.

Sav, I scoured the thread but must have missed it. Where did you source the rear window mod from? Unless I’m mistaken, it looks like it’s aloft style? Would be hella useful

Not cruiser specific, but there’s is a meet once a month at Red Circle off 518 in pearland. Yota meet. Think it’s called Rigs and Churros.

Sav, I scoured the thread but must have missed it. Where did you source the rear window mod from? Unless I’m mistaken, it looks like it’s aloft style? Would be hella useful
That's the only one I know of locally. I know the organizer/owner of Red Circle. It's mostly 4runners and GXs. I was the only cruiser there last time. :)

The windows are EMUWing from Australia.

Last edited:
That's the only one I know of locally. I know the organizer/owner of Red Circle. It's mostly 4runners and GXs. I was the only cruiser there last time. :)
Aw man. I was there at the last one a couple weeks ago. There was an older guy with a super nice 80, another 100, and then I have the blue LX. I’m going to try and make it out to the Halloween event with the little one if you’ll be there.

And yeah, Red Circle hooked me up with that Ube ice cream for my kids birthday party last week. Super awesome dude.

Happy New year everyone,

I was trying to replace the battery on one of my remotes and the two small tabs that "grab" the battery in place broke off. Now the battery just jumps off as soon as I let go to close the case. Any tricks to get the battery to stay?

@suprarx7nut

Or do I need to just buy a new fob?

Screenshot_20220103-134633.png

Happy New year everyone,

I was trying to replace the battery on one of my remotes and the two small tabs that "grab" the battery in place broke off. Now the battery just jumps off as soon as I let go to close the case. Any tricks to get the battery to stay?

@suprarx7nut

Or do I need to just buy a new fob?

View attachment 2883039
Ah, that looks like an aftermarket design for the remote body. I think OEMs were all screws or twist and lock. Does the YotaMD shell hold it tight enough to keep the battery in contact? Maybe shims would force that to happen? Otherwise, might have to pony up for a new remote.

Ah, that looks like an aftermarket design for the remote body. I think OEMs were all screws or twist and lock. Does the YotaMD shell hold it tight enough to keep the battery in contact? Maybe shims would force that to happen? Otherwise, might have to pony up for a new remote.

yeah I was trying to drive a shim in and quickly close it but it pops out immediately. I was thinking of drilling a small screw but too much trouble. I'll just get another fob, from what you're saying the OEM is a little better build? What's a good place to get a replacement?

I think I found it?

I think I found it?

I spit up a little of my coffee when I saw the price of a replacement remote! :oops: Even the lower McGeorge price. Toyota is mighty proud of their remote fobs.

I spit up a little of my coffee when I saw the price of a replacement remote! :oops: Even the lower McGeorge price. Toyota is mighty proud of their remote fobs.

Yeah thought the same, however, if what suprarx7 is saying is true about the battery being held by a screw then it might be worth the penny as the generic ones eventually break after changing the batteries a couple of times.

I'm taking the time to refurbish some worn esthetics on the air cruiser while the items are actually still available. I tried to find the shifter bezel and it's no longer available anywhere.

New window trim:

1642551271268.png

ZR Tactical Solutions Billet powdred shifter bezel

1642551488383.png

I must say, at first I really wanted the OEM bezel but this one did not dissapoint. Looks way better in person than any picture.

Last edited:
Window trim prep, bit of advice its almost impossible to remove the trim with out damaging it so don't remove it unless you have replacements on hand.

old vs new:

1642551691777.png

Prep

1642551626275.png

Finished:

Looks sooooo much better, such a small thing makes such a big difference.

1642551783744.png

Oh yeah and I got to show off my laser edged "land cruiser" glass option :D

1642551815466.png

Next up:

1642551949099.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom