Builds Savirc Aircruiser build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice... As always.

Does that vendor offer the newer style of shifter bezel?

They don't unfortunately :(
I have a wooden shifter assembly that is plug and play and will spruce up your center console nicely! Hit me with a PM if you're interested

build update! the sun does a number overtime.

Almost 6 years since I started this build and I'm preparing for a powder coat overhaul due to sun fading. Here are my plans:

1. Remove ARB
  2. Remove Slee inserts
  3. Remove Cruisergrill
  4. Remove Dissent rear and accessory arms and things
  5. Sandblast and repowder

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could source a renewed ARB sticker for the front bumper? Since everything is getting sandblasted I need to source that to make it look purty again.

Also for the sliders I'm rynolinning them? or should I powder? I think its a waste to do so since they get bumped here and there.

Suggestions on new powder finish? matte black , gloss black? leaning towards the matte.

cheers!

Oh yeah, and I know you guys like pictures so I'll show you this one from a guy around my city that is having an identity crisis.

1658204047365.png

Oh and a pic of real trucks:

1658204206100.png

One more at the state park. I carried that radrunner on my 1up rack with the fat tire adjustment kit. works great FYI.

1658204529894.png

Almost 6 years since I started this build and I'm preparing for a powder coat overhaul due to sun fading. Here are my plans:

1. Remove ARB
  2. Remove Slee inserts
  3. Remove Cruisergrill

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could source a renewed ARB sticker for the front bumper? Since everything is getting sandblasted I need to source that to make it look purty again.

Also for the sliders I'm rynolinning them? or should I powder? I think its a waste to do so since they get bumped here and there.

Suggestions on new powder finish? matte black , gloss black? leaning towards the matte.

cheers!
For sliders, I strongly recommend rubber coating spray or bed liner spray after sandblasting them. It is tough and hard wearing and is super easy to retouch when you need to.

For sliders, I strongly recommend rubber coating spray or bed liner spray after sandblasting them. It is tough and hard wearing and is super easy to retouch when you need to.
I was thinking this was the best route. I can just have the same guy doing the powdercoating sandblast them but then give them back so I can take them to get rubber coated.

I was thinking this was the best route. I can just have the same guy doing the powdercoating sandblast them but then give them back so I can take them to get rubber coated.
The same guy might be willing to spray them for a few bucks extra! Bare metal flash rusts very quickly after you get it sandblasted

The same guy might be willing to spray them for a few bucks extra! Bare metal flash rusts very quickly after you get it sandblasted
true. I'll ask thanks for the feedback.

I am in kind of same boat as you. My bumpers are faded and I am debating whether to powder coat them or just paint them to match the trim color. PC is more durable but hella expensive 😫

1. Remove ARB
  2. Remove Slee inserts
  3. Remove Cruisergrill

cheers!
PC- I like the look of Satin Black , make sure whatever you choose it’s got a good UV inhibitor, and put 2coats min.

Any quality powder coater will etch the metal after blasting to mitigate flash rust (orthophosphoric acid)

Sliders: if you go with bed liner, use non skid on the top side. Fwiw you can buy Upol raptor liner by the can now, so touch up is possible- its expensive but possible-

1. Remove ARB
  2. Remove Slee inserts
  3. Remove Cruisergrill

cheers!

I hate the rhino on my sliders. It will get punctured, but then there isn't an easy way to patch it. This leads to additional rust.

When it gets bad enough on my Slee sliders, I will just sand blast it off. I will then look into alternate options. I was thinking of a quality high wear rattle can so it is super easy to touch up if needed. I am leaning towards the black version of Steel-It.

On the bumpers, I went with a lower gloss powder. I love it. It has just enough sheen to look good without showing scratches/scuffs too badly. Being black, more gloss is just too tough to keep looking good. It was either a 40 or 60% gloss. I will see if I can find the receipt.

Last edited:
I started taking it all apart to send to powder coating. I guess the ARB comes tock as semigloss? I believe I picked satin black on my rear dissent. Rear looks so bare without the accessory arms, this is a good time clean up some wiring.

1658763264782.png

1658763468635.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom