Builds Savirc Aircruiser build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This was a couple of weeks ago.... we did have some "oopsies"

1618328279374.png
1618328329968.png

oopsie:
1618328557873.png

1618328591095.png

All better now... I have to say the control arm bracket skids from TT are an absolute need. The weakness of the 100 is that bracket when it comes to clearance

1618328677568.png

And dog pics. Everyone likes dog pics.

1618328753552.png
1618328881981.png

I have to thank my buddy @OwenC , In all our trips he always selflessly takes tons of pictures of my truck and I always take the crappiest pictures of his truck with my phone. Everyone who has a buddy like that is a lucky guy. You know when you end a trip and get pictures like this its priceless, you remember those moments even more vividly.

Thank you so much my best buddy @OwenC aka LC2 :rofl:

1618329608039.png

What's up yall? haven't been here in a while.....

Edit: Pffff 64k views :oops:

So I'd like to replace my muffler now, and I'm debating on the DT or this version similar to OEM:

Since I already have the DT headers I wonder if the complete package will sound cool... or too loud.

Last edited:
No kidding, I forgot about this amazing build! What’s new?

Not much, just regular oil changes here lately. Getting antsy to do something to it. I did grind out my cooler to fit the jerrycan holder so I don't have to keep swapping the table and the jerry can holder to hold gas/cooler. That was a nice update, I'll have to post a picture here for others that have the Dissent jerry can holder.

My muffler is starting to look ugly compared to everything else underneath. That might be the next thing I tackle.

Some cool pics of the last beach trip
1633575941783.png
1633575972403.png

More
1633576046709.png

1633576102741.png

I also added a bit of an oversized turbo fan:

1633577070095.png

1633577122350.png

Swamp cruiser

Can I ask if that rear hitch basket works well for you?

Any particulars to look for when getting one or will "Hazard Fraught" suffice?

I have been looking at something cheap like that to help get some stuff out of the interior that will just be dumped in the VRBO anyways once we arrive.

Totally forgot you had the 3rd row side windows... I really want some of those but have zero need at this moment!

Can I ask if that rear hitch basket works well for you?

Any particulars to look for when getting one or will "Hazard Fraught" suffice?

I have been looking at something cheap like that to help get some stuff out of the interior that will just be dumped in the VRBO anyways once we arrive.

Totally forgot you had the 3rd row side windows... I really want some of those but have zero need at this moment!

That one is definitively HF. It's strong enough to hold sod squares and fertilizer which is what I use it for.

Wanted to ask you about the TT tailgate lid - tried to PM you but can't see your profile - can we be friends? Or prefer I just post questions on this thread?

Wanted to ask you about the TT tailgate lid - tried to PM you but can't see your profile - can we be friends? Or prefer I just post questions on this thread?

Sorry, my mailbox must be full. I'll empty. You can post questions here.

Edit:
Just checked my profile and it's set to members view only. You a memember? I think that is a default setting.

I'll post my TT Tailgate experience here as well for others:

I was one of the first buyers, if not the first. At the time Jason didn't even have a picture of one installed on a customer truck yet so he asked if he could use mine for the site. The reason I mention that is because he might have changed the design since, hopefully not much since it's been pretty much perfect and overly built tbh.

So from my experience, I love it. It stores those things you rarely need and you don't want "in the way" that you often forget you even have but they are there when you do need them. I have my jumper cables in there, straps, first aid kit, ax, etc.

You absolutely can put a ton of weight on it, it's super thick like 1/4" thick it overly strengthen the entire tailgate which is good because once you cut the inner sheet it's flimsy but the gate itself takes it back to 300% stiffer than stock. You will not buckle it I'm 190 and I've stood on top several times. The actual doors have metal lips inside that are welded, one came off but you can still stand on the door although I wouldn't do it out of fear of breaking the lip welds from the door.

The inside of mine is dynomat lined (for noise and protection) and I also added some foam matting for stuff that doesn't bang around, I think I have pictures on my build thread.

Now you might think there is no downside.... yes, there is...

It makes the gate extremely heavy, even if it's empty it makes it super heavy. There is a load spring inside on the stock gate that actually helps bring it down so there is some "weight assistance" that comes off when you install this, you lose that spring help. When friends open my gate without knowing the weight slams the tailgate down because they don't expect the weight of the tailgate. You have to expect and know the weight of the gate as you open it and bring it down if that makes sense otherwise it will slam down. I also question whether the original holding cables are okay with the added weight but they've held up well so far.

I'll post my TT Tailgate experience here as well for others:

I was one of the first buyers, if not the first. At the time Jason didn't even have a picture of one installed on a customer truck yet so he asked if he could use mine for the site. The reason I mention that is because he might have changed the design since, hopefully not much since it's been pretty much perfect and overly built tbh.

So from my experience, I love it. It stores those things you rarely need and you don't want "in the way" that you often forget you even have but they are there when you do need them. I have my jumper cables in there, straps, first aid kit, ax, etc.

You absolutely can put a ton of weight on it, it's super thick like 1/4" thick it overly strengthen the entire tailgate which is good because once you cut the inner sheet it's flimsy but the gate itself takes it back to 300% stiffer than stock. You will not buckle it I'm 190 and I've stood on top several times. The actual doors have metal lips inside that are welded, one came off but you can still stand on the door although I wouldn't do it out of fear of breaking the lip welds from the door.

The inside of mine is dynomat lined (for noise and protection) and I also added some foam matting for stuff that doesn't bang around, I think I have pictures on my build thread.

Now you might think there is no downside.... yes, there is...

It makes the gate extremely heavy, even if it's empty it makes it super heavy. There is a load spring inside on the stock gate that actually helps bring it down so there is some "weight assistance" that comes off when you install this, you lose that spring help. When friends open my gate without knowing the weight slams the tailgate down because they don't expect the weight of the tailgate. You have to expect and know the weight of the gate as you open it and bring it down if that makes sense otherwise it will slam down. I also question whether the original holding cables are okay with the added weight but they've held up well so far.
I have the Wagon Gear version and would echo all of this. So useful but you gotta be careful about what you put in there as the tailgate gets very heavy. I keep a snow shovel, air compressor, recovery strap, and a small tool roll in there. Trying to cram both kids, two dogs, and all our gear along with my wife and I into the cruiser is tough, gotta utilize every inch of space you can!

Much thanks. Saw your earlier intent to use a gas strut, assume you never bothered or too much hassle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom