Safari Snorkel install LX470 100 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I know what how you felt when you start drilling, I had the same.
But after measuring three times, I was confident enough to go ahead.
It is relatively easy, only hard to reach one of the rear bolts to tighten up the lower part of the snorkel.
I noticed that the Safari has its upright bolts on the outside of the pillar.
The Airtec has them inside.

I know what how you felt when you start drilling, I had the same.
But after measuring three times, I was confident enough to go ahead.
It is relatively easy, only hard to reach one of the rear bolts to tighten up the lower part of the snorkel.
I noticed that the Safari has its upright bolts on the outside of the pillar.
The Airtec has them inside.

Hey, can you send me a pic of those pillar mounts (not like I'm going to change it now).

Will do tonight.

Just curious...does going from the intake relatively hidden under the hood to more of a scoop possibly add some fuel efficiency?

Also, does this mod still allow for one of those larger K&G air filters?

Just ran a full tank through it. I averaged 13.1 MPG That is mixed city/highway with the A/C on constantly. That is pretty much what I averaged before. I'll check the next few tanks to see if any difference.

20150704_165111.jpg
Hi MightyBombJAC, finally took a picture in daylight for you.

What size tires are you running? Does the rig still have the AHC suspension, or have you removed it & lifted it?

Do you have any tips on he sensor lift? I tried to discuss it with the shop foreman at the service shop but he had very little insight.

Do you have any tips on he sensor lift? I tried to discuss it with the shop foreman at the service shop but he had very little insight.
Hey, did you figure it out? I've been kinda out of touch lately. If you still need it, I can put up some pics tomorrow....

I finally took pictures of the snorkel after I had it color matched. My painter sprayed several coats of black to smooth it out before he put the green base and then clear. Like always, he did a great job.
IMG_2941.jpg
IMG_2944.jpg
IMG_2945.jpg

Nice, that looks really good!

Do you know what he used to get the paint to adhere to the plastic? What was his process?

WOW, that looks absolutely perfect. If I do end up putting a snorkel on my rig in the future, I'll definitely be color matching it. Your's looks factory, I'm seriously impressed.

Thanks for that piece of info...I'll definitely look into it when I get ready to my installation.

looks great. what year is your LX? i have seen 2 different types of snorkels both "safari snorkel"/arb or whatever. one looks like yours and the other has a different more swuare base that doesnt run forward on the fender.. TBH, i like the one you have but fear that they may be for different model years...

thanks

looks great. what year is your LX? i have seen 2 different types of snorkels both "safari snorkel"/arb or whatever. one looks like yours and the other has a different more swuare base that doesnt run forward on the fender.. TBH, i like the one you have but fear that they may be for different model years...

thanks
Mine is a 2000.... I thought it was the same for all 470s

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom