SOLD Sacramento, CA 1978 Land Cruiser FJ40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Year
Vehicle Model
  1. 40 Series
Mileage
Color
Blue
Outside Link
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/rocklin-1978-fj40-land-cruiser/7554799934.html
SOLD! Solid 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. California truck with highly desirable "sky blue 854" color in original paint and the truck is mostly original with the blue and yellow California plates. Upgrades that have been done are tasteful and useful. The suspension has been upgraded with the Hell for Stout suspension including a shackle lift and 33 inch BFG KM2 tires. Other modifications include a long range secondary gas tank and a rear disc brake conversion. Body is uncut except for the spot for the line to the auxiliary tank and is in good condition with some dings and dents as well as surface rust in a couple of places (steel is stick thick and no holes-see pictures). Regular rear sill rust has been removed and repaired with new steel welded in. PO removed smog equipment but the removed items are included in the sale as well as a smog equipment diagram. The smog equipment will need to be re-installed to register in CA. Truck runs decent as it is and could be a daily driver without much work. Odometer works and shows just over 57,700 miles. My guess is that the odometer has been rolled once, but not sure. I looked long and hard for a later model FJ40 like this and hate to sell, but health issues have made it difficult to to the restoration work that I had planned. Please text for initial contact. More pictures, walk-around video and drive video available upon request.

$18,500 obo
text 916 408-2222
IMG_4347.JPG
IMG_4346.JPG

IMG_4348.JPG

IMG_4351.JPG

IMG_4361.JPG

Last edited:
Oh $hit. Wish I didn’t just buy one

What a beauty, love the patina and the stance. Sorry to hear of your health issues. GLWS, should move fast for how clean it is.

Great looking 40, would love to have this one. GLWS

It's a beauty. What's needed to make this a dependable driver?

Sent you a text. Interested

JUST REDUCED! Solid 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. California truck with highly desirable "sky blue 854" color in original paint and the truck is mostly original with the blue and yellow California plates. Upgrades that have been done are tasteful and useful. The suspension has been upgraded with the Hell for Stout suspension including a shackle lift and 33 inch BFG KM2 tires. Other modifications include a long range secondary gas tank and a rear disc brake conversion. Body is uncut except for the spot for the line to the auxiliary tank and is in good condition with some dings and dents as well as surface rust in a couple of places (steel is stick thick and no holes-see pictures). Regular rear sill rust has been removed and repaired with new steel welded in. PO removed smog equipment but the removed items are included in the sale as well as a smog equipment diagram. The smog equipment will need to be re-installed to register in CA. Truck runs decent as it is and could be a daily driver without much work. Odometer works and shows just over 57,700 miles. My guess is that the odometer has been rolled once, but not sure. I looked long and hard for a later model FJ40 like this and hate to sell, but health issues have made it difficult to to the restoration work that I had planned. Please text for initial contact. More pictures, walk-around video and drive video available upon request.

$18,500 obo
text 916 408-2222View attachment 3163629View attachment 3163630

View attachment 3163632

View attachment 3163633

View attachment 3163640

JUST REDUCED! Solid 1978 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. California truck with highly desirable "sky blue 854" color in original paint and the truck is mostly original with the blue and yellow California plates. Upgrades that have been done are tasteful and useful. The suspension has been upgraded with the Hell for Stout suspension including a shackle lift and 33 inch BFG KM2 tires. Other modifications include a long range secondary gas tank and a rear disc brake conversion. Body is uncut except for the spot for the line to the auxiliary tank and is in good condition with some dings and dents as well as surface rust in a couple of places (steel is stick thick and no holes-see pictures). Regular rear sill rust has been removed and repaired with new steel welded in. PO removed smog equipment but the removed items are included in the sale as well as a smog equipment diagram. The smog equipment will need to be re-installed to register in CA. Truck runs decent as it is and could be a daily driver without much work. Odometer works and shows just over 57,700 miles. My guess is that the odometer has been rolled once, but not sure. I looked long and hard for a later model FJ40 like this and hate to sell, but health issues have made it difficult to to the restoration work that I had planned. Please text for initial contact. More pictures, walk-around video and drive video available upon request.

$18,500 obo

View attachment 3163632

View attachment 3163633

View attachment 3163640
Bump for price reduction!

I hate that the smog equipment is removed..... just because of the CA emissions standard to register it here. At least with my current 78 I would be able to copy it all in real time if all the parts are there.

$18,500 obo

View attachment 3163632

View attachment 3163633

View attachment 3163640
Deposit received. Pending Sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom