Rust on 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, I’ve looked through several threads with similar rust questions but I feel like I’m too emotionally invested in the vehicle to make an unbiased decision. Vehicle is a 2006 Lx470 which has spent most of its life in Delaware and is at 180k miles. Buyer is asking $18k. CARFAX shows a good service history but looks like it’s due for its second timing belt change. Could I get some opinions on the rust on this vehicle? Would you buy it at this price? Thanks

DD3C3ACC-3AFD-44DD-BB18-D0D0B29A784A.jpeg

E485ADC9-4E0A-4581-BD7C-C03DED96D23A.jpeg

You really think it’s that bad? So many of these seem to have a history in the north for some reason, even ones being sold in the south.
They get them at auction up north and bring them down

Doesn’t look too bad. Looks like mostly surface rust but I can guarantee you’re gonna need some (most likely a lot of) PBlaster/Kroil to move nuts and bolts.

I’d pass, you’re always gonna fight it.

Try finding an 06 on BAT in any shape for 15k
You can get close until you factor in BaT fees. Valid. Poor example, but the point shouldn’t be lost that there are plenty of better examples out there for costs that are within similar margins the OP is asking about.

Thanks for weighing in everyone! I think I’ll stay patient for now and hold out for a better vehicle. Hoping to keep it for many years so I’ll keep an eye out for a rust-free one.

100% right call. Rust always wins. you can fix or replace everything else. One way tickets to ATL or other major southern hub are cheep To buy a rust free ride. That is what I did.

That's too much rust for me. Imagine how bad it is when you actually put it up on the lift, I bet it's fried under there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom