Routing Wires to the Rack

LTD FJ

Well, finally bought the Prinsu rack for my 80. I searched and read a few posts about running wires, but wondering if anyone has any other photos or advice. I bought the 40" LED light bar with the rack, before reading what others said about mounting a light up there, and hope I dont get too much glare off the hood. Anyway, need to run wires up to the rack, so any advice appreciated.

Well, finally bought the Prinsu rack for my 80. I searched and read a few posts about running wires, but wondering if anyone has any other photos or advice. I bought the 40" LED light bar with the rack, before reading what others said about mounting a light up there, and hope I dont get too much glare off the hood. Anyway, need to run wires up to the rack, so any advice appreciated.
I asked the same question not too long ago.
What kind of grommet do you use for wires going to roof rack?

As far as the glare goes I sprayed plastids on the center section of the hood. That eliminates it completely. Pepboys, auto zone etc have a pretty good color selection these days so its quite easy to match the color to your rig.

LTD FJ

I bought a snorkel mainly so I could run the wire thru it. Haven't got it installed yet so no pictures
Yeah, I do plan on adding a snorkel. Always liked the fact of pulling clean, cooler air from higher up, rather then pavement heat from the wheel well.

LTD FJ

I asked the same question not too long ago.
What kind of grommet do you use for wires going to roof rack?

As far as the glare goes I sprayed plastids on the center section of the hood. That eliminates it completely. Pepboys, auto zone etc have a pretty good color selection these days so its quite easy to match the color to your rig.
Thanks for the info, I did read thru your thread. Not sure if it is the pic blown up, or what, but the photo looks like it sticks way up.above the roofline.

LTD FJ

I will be using something like this one:

Its sleek waterproof and does not look like s*** when the rook rack is not mounted.

Here the link to the product:

Code 3 Police > Lightbar Accessories
Now that looks more professional and the way to go! Thank you for all this info. I must say, I am not good at searching for things on here. I didn't see any of these other threads.

Thanks again

LTD FJ

Top Bottom