Rough price of non-running 1HDT 80 series cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My '92 1HDT cruiser recently copped the infamous big end bearing failure...
I am weighing up my options on whether to get it rebuilt, new engine, sell it as it is etc.
The problem is, cash is tight at the moment so i'm not too keen on dishing out the cash to get it rebuilt.
The interior and body is in good condition for its age. No rust on chassis.
If anyone could give me a rough idea on what the vehicle would be worth as it is, that would be appreciated
I'm a bit of a noob so cheers for any help!

Cheers

You have any pics? Running 1hdt 80’s are listed from $16,000-28000. A rebuilt 1hdt is roughly $10,000. If everything else is in good shape I’d think $4000-6000 would be a reasonable price.

You have any pics? Running 1hdt 80’s are listed from $16,000-28000. A rebuilt 1hdt is roughly $10,000. If everything else is in good shape I’d think $4000-6000 would be a reasonable price.

those are US prices. not sure what its worth down under

Those prices were from Australia.
Crazy that it's about the same as here. I know the exchange rate kicks in to throw things off but that's about what I would expect one worth in USD.

Im wondering if it was on its stock BEBs or if on its 2nd set since theres still some debate whether you only need to change it once or every 100k or so.

Ah I see. That's a fair question. I think every 100KM isn't a bad idea for $200 bearings. But based off what I've read it was only a small batch of 1HDT's that had the BEB issues and Toyota rectified it. So I want to say no, you shouldn't have to replace them every 100KM but I guess it wouldn't hurt?

Ah I see. That's a fair question. I think every 100KM isn't a bad idea for $200 bearings. But based off what I've read it was only a small batch of 1HDT's that had the BEB issues and Toyota rectified it. So I want to say no, you shouldn't have to replace them every 100KM but I guess it wouldn't hurt?

Yeah thats my general thought as well, bearings are cheap, bolts are cheap both can be had for under $200 and the job can be done in a few hours on a Sunday

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom