Rotw Vette60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Great lookin' rig! With a couple of good pics like those, surely you must have more. Let's see 'em.

I too dig how you improved the ARB bumper.

SWEET nice rig :steer:

for the clamps i used some 2" x.375 flat bar and welded some .5" angle to it on a triangle. to give it leverage, i then drilled a hole just below the triangle. for the clamp part i used a simpson bracket that i cut down and drilled a hole in. when it was fabbed up, i put the rack on top of my rig on 2x4's and cut the legs to length and welded them to the rack. difficuilt to explain but the pics help.
S5004167.JPG
S5004168.JPG
S5004170.JPG

one more pic.

the hole in the leg is oblong to allow for the offset between the leg and the clamp when it is on the gutter. this allows it to pull up on the clamp.

necessety is the mother of invention. oh, and it was cheap too...
S5004169.JPG

Great pics. I'm hoping to get to the Rubicon before they try and close it down. Do you have any that show how you did your driver side shock hoop? I can see how you did the passenger but am curious how you did the driver since the steering box gets in the way.

Great pics. I'm hoping to get to the Rubicon before they try and close it down. Do you have any that show how you did your driver side shock hoop? I can see how you did the passenger but am curious how you did the driver since the steering box gets in the way.

agreed about Rubicon... Moab this year and Rubicon next year for me.

Let's see more rubicon pics!

Sounds like a road trip to me.

both hoops are the same, no problems with the steering box. I was planning onusing ford towers but hoops worked better
suspension.jpg

here's more. not rubicon, but barrett lake just up the road....no i can't tell you where it is. I am sworn to secrecy....but you can come with us this year!!!!
barrett1.JPG
barrett3.JPG
barrett5.JPG

Very good thread. Could you post a pic of the driver side shock hoop?

Also would like a detail on the track bar. What is attaching it to the front shackle and what is welded to the end of the bar that carries the threads.

Any issues with rear axle breakage? Stock or Chrome molys?

I know where Barrett is, and would love to go next year! I'll keep the secret, though. Did your 60 fit through the poles?

Very good thread. Could you post a pic of the driver side shock hoop?

Also would like a detail on the track bar. What is attaching it to the front shackle and what is welded to the end of the bar that carries the threads.

Any issues with rear axle breakage? Stock or Chrome molys?

I know where Barrett is, and would love to go next year! I'll keep the secret, though. Did your 60 fit through the poles?

drew, I'll get more pics of the trac bar set up. I put in a cross member and welded a shackle bracket to the member. I welded in a threaded rod end into the .50 wall DOM for the 3/4" rod end. I got the rod end and the threaded tube insert from a machine shop in vegas that sells on ebay. they were a very good deal. I think about $15 for a 3/4" rod end and the threaded tube insert.

stock rear axles without any issues.

No problems fitting through the poles at barrett. they are actually wider than they look. I ran into a guy with fullsize axles, and he was planning on climbing a pole but actually fit through (barely)

Sweet rig! What more can one say?

Love the pics! It intensifies my desire to get my 60 off road!
I'm new to all this, but I'm stoked to pick all your brains about your cruisers and all the mods! Thanks for all the help from past posts thus far.:wrench:

I want to see the Vette engine

here it is.

I recently pulled it out and built a stroker 383 out of it. love the low end torque. 5th gear all the way up the grade to Tahoe.
engine.jpg
cruiser engine 383.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom