Builds Rotw: Socalfj (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

now I can show my wife what our car will look like someday!!!
Great job!

Truly amazing. Thanks a lot for posting pics of your spectacular rig, and especially the ones in action. BTW, where was this one snapped?

2103021850034696539S600x600Q85.jpg

Truly amazing. Thanks a lot for posting pics of your spectacular rig, and especially the ones in action. BTW, where was this one snapped?

Thanks!

That's probably about halfway through Mojave Road here in SoCal desert. Mile 50-60 something of 132.

Blue Seas fuse box

How is the fuse box handling the environment under the hood? Does it accumulate much dust or can water easily splash in?

Beautiful rig that you've built!

Suhweet!

8255# is my guess.

All the pics are red X's for me....oh well, I'll check 'em later.

What are the plans for the internal sink and kitchen? I'd be interested in that project as well as your plans for Alaska.

Dave, you forgot to put the weight of that TANK.... Let's see some guesses..... From those of us that don't know.

The weight is up around 7,500 lbs now. :D

How is the fuse box handling the environment under the hood? Does it accumulate much dust or can water easily splash in?

Beautiful rig that you've built!

It does fine, just like any other fuse block. Heat has had no effect on it as of yet. It's been in there for 4-5 months with no problems. It was also submerged in a river crossing quickly and survived that too.

Suhweet!

8255# is my guess.

All the pics are red X's for me....oh well, I'll check 'em later.

What are the plans for the internal sink and kitchen? I'd be interested in that project as well as your plans for Alaska.

The pics are working as of now. They're webshot linked photos, so we'll see how long they can hang lol.

Most excellent!

A build like this would make mine the perfect elk hunting/camp rig.

All it takes is time and alot of persuasion with the wife!:D

Thanks for the write up and pics.

:cheers:

For sure a great buildup to have watched all year! Waiting to see how you installed the 2m radio/antenna.
Alls that is missing is a couple of fuzzy dice hanging on the rear view mirror. :D

Sorry Alan, i missed your post.

The 2 meter will be in Friday (still counts for ROTW!) and i think im going to mount it on the ceiling, because im out of room everywhere else! We'll see.

Going with a Yaesu 1802M and a Diamond SG-2000HD antenna off the front bullbar upper tab. Should be a perfect setup.

Where did you get that inclimeter on the dash? Sort of looks like one I saw on an old 40 series.

Nice job with the truck. It is impressive to see someone "stay the course." You decided pretty much what you wanted a year ago and proceeded with the build. This is right up there with the better built expedition rigs.

Two thumbs up from ol' Beo. :cheers:

-B-

Nice job with the truck. It is impressive to see someone "stay the course." You decided pretty much what you wanted a year ago and proceeded with the build. This is right up there with the better built expedition rigs.

Two thumbs up from ol' Beo. :cheers:

-B-

Seriously, Thanks man, actually means alot coming from a Veteran of the board like yourself.

very nice rig I like you Fiamma Awning. We have a Inti rack and I would like to see more pics and info on how you installed the awning to it.

Sam:cheers:

you can get one from TLCA too!

Kickass job man. I can't wait till I have a fulltime job again and can afford a few more toys :D

Also, I know this post is about your 80, but can you please post the obligatory shot of your XJ on two wheels? I really love that pic.

very nice rig I like you Fiamma Awning. We have a Inti rack and I would like to see more pics and info on how you installed the awning to it.

Sam:cheers:

Sam, it's just bolted straight through the outside rack frame rail. I drill 2 holes through the back side of the awning and it mounts right up the side. I had to space it out a tiny bit to get it to clear the INTI bolts. I dont have any pics of the install, but here are some more pics of the awning itself..

http://rides.webshots.com/album/559128026IdsmKn?vhost=rides

Kickass job man. I can't wait till I have a fulltime job again and can afford a few more toys :D

Also, I know this post is about your 80, but can you please post the obligatory shot of your XJ on two wheels? I really love that pic.

Ok, here are a few pics from back in the days when 35's were big on a XJ.

Ok, here are a few pics from back in the days when 35's were big on a XJ.

:D Thanks!

35's seem so commonplace now, huh? Weird how things change like that.

I really dig your 80, but more importantly your self-restraint in not going crazy. My 80 performs flawlessy in stock form for 75% of what I want to do, and I'm building my pickup for that extra 25%, but I'm still dieing to mod the 80 just for the hell of it. Good thing I'm broke and can't afford it :doh::lol:

:D Thanks!

35's seem so commonplace now, huh? Weird how things change like that.

I really dig your 80, but more importantly your self-restraint in not going crazy. My 80 performs flawlessy in stock form for 75% of what I want to do, and I'm building my pickup for that extra 25%, but I'm still dieing to mod the 80 just for the hell of it. Good thing I'm broke and can't afford it :doh::lol:

Yeah, i told myself on this build... what exactly do i NEED. And what exactly am i going to use it for? I promised myself not to go nuts with it. That's one of the reasons why i sold the XJ. I got tired of driving around a partial buggy on the street. It turned into something that was getting close to being trailered. I also realized with this build that i have grown up. I no longer need huge monster tires to make me feel good on the trail or trying to pickup chicks. I've ran the Hammer Trails in Johnson Valley with 33's and done just fine. It's all about how you drive. I've seen plenty of guys with monster tires that can't drive worth sh-t. Anyways, the last rig had 39" XL's on it that was plenty. Im good with this and not going crazy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom