ROTW: kevinmrowland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

:eek::eek::eek:. Very cool. My fav yet. As the consumate tinkerer do you have any advice for us wannabe's on items you feel that are must have's for long travel or items you feel that you wish you would have built first?

Clint

BTW I met Esh here in Portland and he speaks highly of you. Super cool guy.

IMOP, mechanical condition is the most important, every thing has to work right first, then mod as needed. The biggest thing I have been learning is to keep the weight down, (in mass and in elevation) it is very easy to overbuild, not as easy to build strong and light.

Past that, as far as travel is concerned, all the mods kind of evolved on top of each other, I don't think I could have changed the order. Some of the outright purchases should have come a long time ago though. Two of our favorites, that we kick ourselves for not doing sooner are the limo tint (privacy, heat gain, keeps prying eyes out) and the fridge (cold drinks, fresh food).

Yeah, Ken is a great guy. Here is a pic of the two of us toolin around. :cheers:
IMG_1617.JPG

Hearing the beast come loping up the trail at dusk is as amazing as the pics show it to be. Kevin, wonderful work.
Have you had your little ol' truck on the scales yet? I know your Pop's (Mom's?) truck weighs in at over three tons so yours must be even heavier, eh?

Wow. Awesome cruiser. I really love all those custom boxes.

By far one of the best built trucks I have seen. I LOVE how you set up the interior, really amazing job! Im envious. However nothing beats my coleman blow up matress:p Beautiful truck!

I am one of the lucky souls that have been able to see kevin's rig in person. He was helping me remedy a seized smog pump and gave me a pulley to replace it! That same day I got to see my first pair of cable locking axles, and how they look on the inside. That was cool! I can definitely say that kevin's rig is among the best rigs that I have ever seen or heard of in my life, and kevin himself is probably the most generous man I have ever met.

Kevin, thanks a million for everything that you have helped me with! Can't wait to start on the York install and ultimately the storage box!

I am unfortunately "in" NY, but can't bring myself to become a legal resident, still have an address in VT.

Let me know if your ever in the Burlington area I'd really like to check out your cruiser.

Amazing and inspiring vehicle... thanks for sharing!

Wow. Amazing rig and a super write-up. It's probably greedy by this point, but I'd love to see some more trip/out-in-the-field pics. Thanks for all the ideas!

overhanger said:
Have you had your little ol' truck on the scales yet? I know your Pop's (Mom's?) truck weighs in at over three tons so yours must be even heavier, eh?
Naw, I come in at 5850 loaded for a trip, I really try and keep the weight down, and oddly enough I actually lost weight with the diesel conversion and subsequent mods.

GLTHFJ60 said:
I am one of the lucky souls that have been able to see Kevin's rig in person......
John, I already said I would help with the york, flattery wot get you anywhere. :flipoff2:

Landcruisin'60 said:
Let me know if your ever in the Burlington area I'd really like to check out your cruiser.
Don't usually get quite that far north, we are in the Middlebury area on a quarterly basis though.

It's probably greedy by this point, but I'd love to see some more trip/out-in-the-field pics. Thanks for all the ideas!
Workin on it. :cheers:

Oh my God....when is this maddness going to end??? I've got to wean myself off of this site!!

I remember seeing pieces here and there about your rig, but I never payed attention to whose cruiser it was. Holy crap what a sweet rig! You have done some awesome stuff, and I plan on following in your footsteps in the future. Thank you for being a trailblazer!

My hat's off to you. That rig is the raddest expedition cruiser ever!:grinpimp:

WOW!!!!!

Totally blow away! That was my first thought. My second was that I don't think that I've ever seen a ROTW on mud anywhere that the owner pretty much filled the whole first page with serious mods and technical stuff like that..... Wow! :eek:

I want a 1HZ now...:crybaby: I think that you need to do a 50 state victory tour (and start in Iowa...:D:D:D)

Great rig.

Blue 60

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom