ROTW: kevinmrowland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yup, I remember that, that was before I figured out what was going on. Offer still stands to swap it out!
Everything looks so great in your truck, the tailgate lid should too.
:cheers:
Thanks for the offer, but honestly, it is not necessary. The truck gets a lot of use in the desert and Baja, and between that and the dogs a new lid would be a waste. Functionality is more important than the perfect looks, and it works just fine.

cheers,
Jan

Man o man, I am impressed as well. This is a thing of beauty, must remember to come back here to steal these ideas when doing mods. Really nice stuff Kevin.

ok this has got to be the best 60 on the forum.
if someone wants to prove me wrong, try it.

Holly dam, grand slam of a rig. on the road for life. im speechless, dam dam dam. i gotta go change my under wear.

I love this thing!

Simply amazing, i will refrain from "window comments" , whet did you use for the padding on top of the storage area? how did you assemble it all?

Kevin has a 60 body to find for replacement, so we might get a chance at a bunch of detail/rebuild pics in the coming months.

He's been talking about replacing the body for a while. He find something out in Oregon?

Simply amazing, i will refrain from "window comments" , whet did you use for the padding on top of the storage area? how did you assemble it all?
Windows, ah the windows........

The box has a toper of upholstery foam, firm, standard stuff.
I glued that to sheets of 1/4" plywood, wrapped some remanent upholstery fabric around them and stapled it in place on the back. Pretty standard low-grade upholstery work.
The plywood panels are held in place with some slotted key-hole style screw and hole sets. A flat head screw in the case top registers with a keyhole slot in the thin plywood backer, set it over it, slip it into place and it's locked there until it needs to come out for work or cleaning.

Kevin has a 60 body to find for replacement, so we might get a chance at a bunch of detail/rebuild pics in the coming months.
Yup, just need to get a body now that I'm out of that damn salt! Don't care what it looks like, as long as it's not rusty.
Can't wait!

He's been talking about replacing the body for a while. He find something out in Oregon?
That was one of the main reasons we moved! My poor rusty old truck......
Still gathering options for the swap, have been so busy with other stuff there's not been any time to look into it.
Hope the move went well for you guys.
KR

That was one of the main reasons we moved! My poor rusty old truck......
Still gathering options for the swap, have been so busy with other stuff there's not been any time to look into it.
Hope the move went well for you guys.
KR

The move was long, but good. How was your move? The trailer was huge and you had to drive much further. Have any pictures of the rig on moving day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom