ROTW: kevinmrowland (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Makes for a nice level sleeping platform and actually works great, it is super easy to set up and nothing has to be moved to do it, anything stuffed in the foot well can stay in place.
seatinIMG_2840.jpg
DSCN0481.jpg

Since I get a lot of questions about how my drawers are constructed, here are some pics to explain.
You can see two of the four t-nuts that bolt the drawers to the truck. The entire drawer structure is constructed of ½" cabinet grade plywood, which is more than strong enough for this purpose. I do not like to use drawer slides since they would take up over an inch of drawer space per drawer. Instead, I fit the drawers to the carcass and just put a bit of wax on the uprights. You can see how the bottom of the drawer is held ¼” up from the carcass base, this makes sure that when the drawers are fully loaded the bottom does not drag on the base, all the weight rides on the edges and slides quite easily.
IMG_2848.jpg
IMG_2850.jpg

Last edited:
The side panels hold:
OE bottle jack
Roll of Duct tape
Quart of ATF
G. of coolant
G. of gear oil
G. of motor oil
Fuel filter
Oil filter
Spare set of engine belts
Bottle of brake fluid
Tub of grease
2” receiver hitch
With a bunch of room to spare
sidepanelIMG_1182.jpg
sidepanelIMG_1181.jpg

Sick. Sick. Sick.

Wow!!!!:eek:

Incredibly well thought out. :cheers: Looks like I need to do some more thinking on my storage/sleeping system plans.

I have seen bits and pieces of your rig and have been impressed with each.

But all together.....holy crap.:eek:

Very very well thought out. I am takin' notes.:hmm:

:cheers: :clap:

AMAZING!
There is not much else I can say!
Im speechless regarding the work youve done, and the thoughfulness of your mods!

BRAVO!

Chicago

Kevin, Awsome rig again. Did you add the cable lockers after the bash here in AZ?

Joel

Excellent design, execution and functionality... Truly inspiring!

Nice!

I love seeing this truck. I am lucky and get to see it in person. I tell Kevin all the time, I just sit in the truck and learn stuff! Thanks for sharing it! Jay

yeah that makes me really want to go do more things to my truck.

Props on the truck man!!!

exellent write up! im hopin someday my rig will be half as bad ass!:cool:gives me inspiration to keep pluggin along on my 62. keep up the great work. :cheers:

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

JPHockerAZ said:
Kevin, Awsome rig again. Did you add the cable lockers after the bash here in AZ?
Joel
Hey Joel! yup, they are a recent addition, just kind of stumbled into them and couldn't pas 'em up. I still need to make a neoprene boot to cover the handles and the brake lever. (I have a nice plastic cover if anyone needs it)

Landcruisin'60 said:
Very cool! So are you in VT or NY?
I am unfortunately "in" NY, but can't bring myself to become a legal resident, still have an address in VT.

Here are some trip truck pics that have no technical relevancy at all. I will post some more when I dig up a few old cds. :cheers:
IMG_3096.jpg
IMG_1271_2.jpg
IMG_2101.jpg

:eek::eek::eek:. Very cool. My fav yet. As the consumate tinkerer do you have any advice for us wannabe's on items you feel that are must have's for long travel or items you feel that you wish you would have built first?

Clint

BTW I met Esh here in Portland and he speaks highly of you. Super cool guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom