ROTW: Fiona (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice Write up.

Whats up with the different front/ rear wheels?

Nice clean looking rig. I'm digging the "custom" driveshaft!

Nice Write up.

Whats up with the different front/ rear wheels?

hahaha

every time i have money to buy the other 2 wheels (100 bux and some change) i end up getting something else like gears, or another car ect.

yea the fronts are 3.75" backspace and the rears are a reverse offset 2.5" backspace.
i like the wider stance much more and would like to have it wider up front but i keep putting money in other places :doh:

Thank everyone for theyre kind words of my Fiona.

also i think this will end up being my "build" thread later down the road as i do more to her as it is the most complete thread thus far of her begining and to where she shall go..

Ya Think???

Way to go Cruisin....Not bad for a poor aerospace painter. I have just almost purchased a truck for project D-MAX so I may need the number of where you got that driveshaft work done! :flipoff2:

You got to admire the fact he isn't afraid to build it then break it!

love that you put on the 38's just because you could. one good lookin rig I must say, just lookin at the pics makes me wish they didn't kick everyone out of my local offroading spot. keep up the good work.

Congrats .. nice write up, story and the most important thing is, you really have a chance to go out and enjoy your cruiser wheeling .. :)

What do you think of the Aussie up front? Breaking birfs? Does the stock power steering do o.k.? Have you happened to take it in the snow? How have you changed your driving to compensate for the auto-locking front?

:beer:

I love the aussie up front it has made a huge improvement in capability in very off camber situations.
Really i like it better up front then i did out back up front it is less noticable than it was out back.
stock power steering does just fine for the most part sometimes its hard to turn but only when im extremly bound up (even open diffed up front i have had her bound up so tight that reving the engine and turning as hard as i can i still couldnt get the wheel to turn) when not bound its easy. if ya let go tof the wheel the steering self straightens pretty quick too.

I have locked it down on the street and drove around a parkng lot locked down and could turn just fine then when i mashed on the gas it just made a bunch of tire noise.
I did the same with an FZJ80 and could hardly get the wheel to turn at all even with me pulling as hard as i could to make it turn.
i halfway expected the 60 to do the same but was pleasantly suprised as how much i was wrong.

i have not had a broken birf yet. tho when i am romping on it i try and have the wheels as straight as possible if turned i try and go easy if it is an option. i usually drive around in 2lo as i dont really need 4w unless a large hill or very off camber or deep mud that i dont know the depth of.

i have not had her in any real snow tho i can say that if i did i would NOT lock both front hubs unless i was stuck as i would not have much steer control if on gas.

i dont see a problem with locking only 1 hub (you would have drive cause of the locker) and runnin it that way. i dont think it would make it pull as the rear would be pushing just as much at it was pulling so steering should be ok (tho i have not had the chance to test this in theory it works) and the unlocked hub on the other side would provide the stability cause if the others spun it would not.

hope this all helps some.

Trent:beer:

great looking truck...and the name fits her perfectly.

great looking truck...and the name fits her perfectly.

I beleive the name actually came from your daughter am i correct?:grinpimp::grinpimp:

you are correct. she's named all 8 cruisers I have owned over the years.

ok got some more pictures to add.

I got philos1's old front bumper from when he tried to go car smashin that showed up today so i figured id straighten it out get it on and get a couple of updated photos for yall. It took some beating, grinding and some drillin but its on there then i hooked a strap up to a tree and the bumper and pulled it back straight again. all photos are after i pulled it out. it was bent enough that in the first picture the corner was just barely touching my fender.
Also a weld was broken by the tow hook attachment point (from hitting a car) on passenger side, so i will have to grind it down and weld it back up but for now it works and looks good to boot. ill weld it up here in the new future... maybe ill take my welder to work and do it there one day when we are slow.

I also got the other 2 wheels for the front.... YES that means i now have a full matching set on my truck and with the bumper i think it made a huge improvement in the way she looks!

next will be sliders for sure then to some rocks to test em out and see how fun they are to try and bend:grinpimp:
New bumper 1.jpg
New bumper 2.jpg
New bumper 3.jpg

Last edited:
I even gave my baby a bath today!! i always forget how nice she looks when all cleaned up.

all these photos were taken with a camera phone and the very last on a buddy of mine took while we were on the freeway with his phone... I think it looks pretty cool.:steer:
New bumper 4.jpg
New bumper 5.jpg
Fiona on freeway.jpg

ok well to continue updating this thread as i have promised I have some news. The truck lost #3 cylinder completly.
So i guess this will speed up my 2FE that i was gonna try and put off till this winter but i guess that pushes my camaro to just head gaskets and my LT headers then my 2FE then my SOA and 38's
the full write up on the lost cylinder can be found HERE or do a search for thread title "Its Official #3 cylinder is DEAD" Kinda a bummer but i knew it was coming.
237,400 miles exactly (ok technically 237,399.955-- miles) on a completly stock bottom end, guess i cant complain too much.

Well looks like the 2F-E will come in front of the camaro as i have another daily driver, giving me more time to buy some more go fast stuff for the Z28.

HERE is a link to the build thread i have started on the 2F-E Build i will be doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom