Builds ROTW: "Elsie" full stock Middle East specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

you know you can probably change a chassy/frame and a few parts and presto.... you UAE 80 is now an american sold 80 all along with mods that well came with it. :D not that I am implying anything illegal. Oh no that would be a big no-no. :rolleyes: Any way... just thoughts.....guy and gals

thoughts.:grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp::grinpimp: mmm.. I think I will be shopping over at the UAE in a couple of years....:grinpimp:

:cheers:

poor little 100's all stuck.:rolleyes:

ya beat me too it,and no bites yet:confused:
awesome truck prossett, definately a unique addition to our group! love those desert pics

Is that H4 button stock? What does it do?

I notice that there's no resonator on the air intake. That's a surprising subtle difference from North American stock.

Nice truck! Thanks for the writeup.

Nice rig! More pictures please...

You don't have to worry about rust under. Way too dry. ;)

Thanks guys, I'll try answer all.

All vehicles are LHD in the Middle East.

H4 button on the dash engages 4x4. AFAIK, Elsie runs in 2WD and runs auto locking hubs up front since if you jack up the front, wheels spin independently. The transfer case lever is always in H position, then you go down to N and then L4. This to me also means there's no need for CDL switch as x-case should lock power 50/50 whenever in 4WD. I'm open to comments on this as I might be wrong.

Hood ornaments not found in scraps. Toyota is plagued by imitation parts here, though I use the OEM stuff, which actually is very competitive anyways. So the only hood ornaments I've come across are knock-offs. The dealer might have the originals.

Emissions stuff is quite different for all cars.

Photos of cooler console won't show much, unless I take it out again. What is it specifically you wanted to see? AFAIK, it is powered by the A/C compressor since it only works when the A/C is on. It has three buttons on the front top: off, cool and ice. And it does make ice, and even comes with a little (useless) cube tray! I don't use it since we carry a full-size coolbox when we go out.

No rust at all, so old cars are in good supply! Mostly top-end, too. Many get exported to Russia. I suppose you could transfer the good parts over to a US-spec truck, why not?

As for the stucks, yeah, I chose my pics carefully! :flipoff2: Funny thing is the old 80 often out-runs the newer 100s, especially the V8s which are too heavy.

Glad you liked the pics! Let me find a few more bloopers...

Last edited:
The only thing 80s don't have there are diesels. I don't remember seeing anything but gassers in that neck of the woods (due to obvious reasons).

One of my favorite rigs currently. The fact that is stock really make no diff for me. I like the fact that in stock form it meets all of your needs. The third row seats are cool! Great writeup too. Really like seeing the 80 in use.

BTW, how did the kid explain to his dad that in the middle of a desert he found to only water hole around then was able to get stuck in. Wow...

Very clean! Thanks for posting!

BTW, how did the kid explain to his dad that in the middle of a desert he found to only water hole around then was able to get stuck in. Wow... quote]

That little puddle is deep for its size. Is it quicksand?

Great rig! It is nice to see someone who is proud to keep their rig stock. Although yours, as stock, has many mods people do or would love to do! :cheers:

Those dunes are beautiful!

I love the jump seats, I'll trade you for my third row with seat belts!

The high water line on that 105 looks like it was over the hood at one time. Prolly stolen and dumped in a puddle.

BTW, how did the kid explain to his dad that in the middle of a desert he found to only water hole around then was able to get stuck in. Wow...

LOL that's what I was just thinking. I'm picturing the guy's insurance agent on the phone... "you say you drowned the ECU? In what, exactly?"

Look how clean that engine looks without all the emissions gunk all over it!

water_hole_001.jpg

Buddy of mine, young guy, borrowed his Dad's car to go "camping with my friends"... :grinpimp:

In the late evening he got stuck in a little bowl on the flat plains; too lazy/tired to dig it out, so he parked it there thinking he'd do it in the morning.

Overnight rain falls on nearby mountains (which are stark naked rock) and flash floods are typical - turns out he was parked in the water channel!

I think he's still paying it off.

See the little white box just in the distance behind the truck? Water pump installation... :flipoff2:

:eek: That sucks.

How did the doors get open?

prossett can you give me a favor and take a close up pick of your hood emblem. Does yours have a black base ? A fellow Mudder has one for sale here in the U.S. but we are not sure if its the right one for the 80 series. Here is a pic of the one for sale is it same as yours ? I really appreciate it:)
attachment.jpg

Sure thing - in the meantime I can tell you it doesn't have the black base.

Last edited:
No idea about the doors. I'm pretty sure they weren't left open overnight, and I don't think the water flowing could have opened them. So he must have opened them in the morning, maybe to try get the water out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom