Builds ROTW: "Elsie" full stock Middle East specs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice rig.:cool:

Nice write up.:D

Thanks for contributing.:cheers:

I love those rear doors.......

i used to think ih8sand, now not so much....sweet rig

Very interesting.
I never knew the barn doors had jump seats in the back.
I always assumed it was just empty for storage.

Great truck, and a great write-up! Thanks for sharing.

It looks like your roof has a little hail damage, maybe? Does it even hail out there?

must get cooler.....

is there an UAEbay?

nice love he hood badge

No UAE e-bay, but there's Souq.com and Dubizzle.com

Here's some more pics:

Flying_Hakan_001.jpg

My buddy, Hakan, going over. Momentum is your friend, but LWB vehicles like our 80s and this Patrol suffer at this. At times it is necessary so get your speed right!

gazzelles.jpg

Most people think deserts are devoid of life; not so, and when you do com e across it, it feels all the more precious.

GS2002.jpg

Some places are like talcum powder.

highupin_liwa.jpg

And this is what it looks like from the top! :cool:

Thanks for posting even more pics:cheers:
I love these pics of the desert they are almost unbelievable and are so awesome looking. I must say the pic of the sunk 100 is quite disturbing though:crybaby: The high water mark is up there, what a loss:crybaby:

Cresting the dues pic rocks.

Very nice information and and I love the furry seat covers.

Does your ass get sweaty with those things? :grinpimp:

:beer:

Man what I would give to spend about a month scrounging in the scrap yards over there. I think I could fill a 40' container with parts in a month. I REALLY want one of those sub-tank set-ups.

The U.A.E. and Dubai in particular is a place that I want to visit. Can you point me in the direction of any companies that do 4x4 tours or rent some nice 4x4's there. Unless you would like to take me 4x4ing when I go there in the future :grinpimp:

Very cool truck! I like the factory sub tank and H4 switch.

Do many people turbocharge or supercharge the 1FZ (4.5i) engine over there?

great pics and truck

this thing about sand is interesting.
I've done quite a bit of sand driving in the SW of the US and Baja, but it usually is like, well, sand... kinda granular coarse, like sand to make concrete with. Not talcum powder. I can see that the latter might be much more problematic. I'd like to try that sometime... (may regret it I'm sure). Not sure there is any here, so may have to go to the Middle East (or Sahara?) some time... :)

How do you drive in that stuff? is it everywhere or just isolated patches? do you readily sink in even if aired down?

Wow. Wonderful write-up and very nice pics! More, more!:bounce2:
Just wondering: do you drive to Oman from time to time? This seems to be a really wonderful coutry to discover. I once read a diary about Austrian bikers who crossed the Arabian peninsula thru UAE, Oman and, yikes, Yemen... then to Djibouti. Yummy, eh? Still feasible IYPOW?

Originally posted by prossett
She was factory-fitted with a winch, but to my great sadness the winch is missing. I have the remote controller, and the bumper is ready to accept one as soon as I find it!

prossett,

I went junkyard dogging yesterday with a friend of mine. While out there on the junkyard, I found the OEM winch that you are looking for. It is in good shape and no rust at all. It is just a little dusty but with proper cleaning it should work like a charm.
I went ahead and bought the subtank, filler neck, and hoses. To my surprise, the fuel transfer pump is gone and no subtank fuel switch. :doh:

The junkyard is located in Sharjah. Hope this help to alleviate your junkyard shopping for the PTO Winch. :bounce:
80PTOwinch2.jpg

prossett,

A few more pictures of the junkyard and the OEM Winch. There are two 80 on the yard with a lot of good parts. Enjoy shopping.
80PTOwinch.jpg
junkyarddog.jpg
junkyardog2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom