ROTM: Bull FJ45LPB (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Man, these ROTM threads really make me want to get mine back on the road again ASAP.

That's a really nice truck, and I'm glad to see it getting used.

I have a question. What is the reason/purpose of the booster extension?

Man, these ROTM threads really make me want to get mine back on the road again ASAP.

That's a really nice truck, and I'm glad to see it getting used.

I have a question. What is the reason/purpose of the booster extension?

The rib that runs vertically is in the way so you need to either cut the rib out or extend it.

This is on the 1960s 40s and 45s I believe

Bull needs to look into something like this for the 45 Run.....

attachment.php

Boy,

When I look at the geometry of that tow trailer, especially with that last truck hanging waaaaay out there, the stress that load must put on the towing vehicle must be terrific.

How does that towing vehicle have the braking capacity to stop the momentum of that train behind it, even under normal braking conditions? Just doesn't seem safe to me.

Great looking rig Bull.I'd love to add a 45 to my fleet one day but,for now,it's great that you guys have decided to share yours with the ROTM.
Maybe half way through the month you could add your orange LV.:D

Very very cool.

Love that articulation!

Sept06-376.jpg

Great rig, Bull. You found a beauty!

When I first saw this truck in 1992, it belonged to Dave Bustamente, a concrete finisher who carried around some pretty gnarly equipment in the back of the rig. Dave also had a 64fj40 parts rig he sold me, which made substantial contributions to my swb build.

IIRC, it was Dave who swapped in the later model windshield frame with the dual speed motors. I still have the original windshield frame from this truck, and started prepping it a long time ago to paint blue for my lwb as a wintertime replacement, since we all know the windshield vent on the 65 and older rigs won't keep out a heavy fog!;p

Dave sold the rig to Mike Lewis [surfinglewdog on the board]. Either somewhere just before or after Mike also ended up getting my unfinished red lwb from Matt and had some choices to make [MVS you know!] I rebuilt the carb and steering box on the seafoam rig, but I think ultimately finances forced him to sell the rig.

Rodney got a heck of a deal on the rig IMO. Other than the one part of the bed that was not matching paint color, the rig was really turnkey.

:)

When I first saw this truck in 1992, it belonged to Dave Bustamente, a concrete finisher who carried around some pretty gnarly equipment in the back of the rig. Dave also had a 64fj40 parts rig he sold me, which made substantial contributions to my swb build.

IIRC, it was Dave who swapped in the later model windshield frame with the dual speed motors. I still have the original windshield frame from this truck, and started prepping it a long time ago to paint blue for my lwb as a wintertime replacement, since we all know the windshield vent on the 65 and older rigs won't keep out a heavy fog!;p

Dave sold the rig to Mike Lewis [surfinglewdog on the board]. Either somewhere just before or after Mike also ended up getting my unfinished red lwb from Matt and had some choices to make [MVS you know!] I rebuilt the carb and steering box on the seafoam rig, but I think ultimately finances forced him to sell the rig.

Rodney got a heck of a deal on the rig IMO. Other than the one part of the bed that was not matching paint color, the rig was really turnkey.

:)

Yeah about that fawking concrete..I have major cruiser lean..took the rear springs apart and I have not one..but two broken leafs.

Going to do some alcans before the 45 run..

Beautiful rig.

We also attended the 2006 FJ45 run 1800 miles round trip with no top or doors..(best trip we have been on in a long time)

That's amazing on those seats...definitely gets the iron butt award. I've seen a few of these with a headache rack, was that a North American option?

That is one awesome truck, Bull. I sure hope you'll bring it to Orcas in June with some of the Seattle Cruiserheads. The '66 lpb I owned after landpimps and before the Arizona truck is still on island and he's gonna have it here too. I'm a big fan of the 'use it like a truck' school, and plan on doing the same.

Beautiful rig.

That's amazing on those seats...definitely gets the iron butt award. I've seen a few of these with a headache rack, was that a North American option?

It was actually pretty comfortable due to being able to stretch the legs out with no doors. As for the headache rack, not sure? I thought they all came with them?

Very nice. Thanks for the engine pics. I like seeing the Jap market air cleaner. That is what I need for my rig since I have the factory PS and want my engine to look more like an F than a 2F.

I really like the air cleaner too. I have part numbers for a napa air cleaner that fits when you are ready to get one.

That is one awesome truck, Bull. I sure hope you'll bring it to Orcas in June with some of the Seattle Cruiserheads. The '66 lpb I owned after landpimps and before the Arizona truck is still on island and he's gonna have it here too. I'm a big fan of the 'use it like a truck' school, and plan on doing the same.

We plan on bringing it out. Maybe we will haul a keg of Mac and Jacks out to the island in it.

Are you going to caravan down with us to the 45 run?

Spent a couple days with Spotcruiser who generously gave of his time, expertise and good humor to drive and take 2 ferries to come help me pull the 2f and 4 sp fom my donor and install it in my fj 45. I hope to have the truck running by July 4th and maybe even by mid June if all goes well. I didn't realize all the issues with switching to the 4 sp. Floor clearance etc, but a lot has to do with having a pto also. Mac n Jacs for sure and I think it would be really cool to caravan to the 45 run. Sheesh, I better get to work.....

Looks great as always Rod!! Yeah Mac and Jack's for the Orcas Run, I have a buddy that I work with that has a hook up there. Should be able to get a great deal ;)

later
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom