Roof rack: replace, repair, or keep? (1 Viewer)

Should I...

• Leave it alone

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Modify it (and if so, how??)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My "new to me" 80 series has an, umm, "interesting" roof rack. Should I modify it, trash it, or leave as is?

IMG_2749.JPG IMG_2752.JPG IMG_2754.JPG

IMG_2755.JPG

Looks like sits high not a fan but it is your truck, me I'd toss it

Are those Thule bars?

If so, I'd give 1/2 retail if you were local.

Those aren't the feet I'd pick, but heck - that isn't trash in the least.

It's a heck a lot better than a factory setup, and that basket will sell to the Subaru crowd.

You'll get ~$150 for it all on CL.

yes they are thules I'm in dallas area.

Yeah - the bars are ~$150 & fit kit feet another $???, and locks($$$), and that basket ($30-50).

$250-$300 retail, Thule & Yakima move on CL.

I'm in WA, but those bars are functional for you for max 200#'s lumber, etc.

That's the max I have put on mine, and no RTT here - they may come in handy, esp if you have another vehicle. All you would need buy is the gutter clips ($50), fit whatever else you have.

Those 2 brands are the standard for the average sports rack crowd. Not junk.

Will you ever need a rack? If so, to carry what? That little setup might just come in handy one day if you don't need a huge heavy duty rack. And because it sits atop those load bars, the whole thing will be easy to install/remove.

Will you ever need a rack? If so, to carry what? That little setup might just come in handy one day if you don't need a huge heavy duty rack. And because it sits atop those load bars, the whole thing will be easy to install/remove.

End goal is rooftop tent.

Then the basket has to go.

Even if you decide to go rtt, I'd keep this set-up, just in case you ever need haul something up there! It isn't costing you anything to pull it off, and set it aside until the time comes where "I wish I had a small basket rack"...... oh yeah... I do!! Good luck... I tend to hold on to parts forever, lol, still have the trunk lid for my 69 442. (That I sold in ????? 1987 ?????)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom