Roof Rack Ladder - Side mount, sits on ground,light weight, collapsable? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The wording of the subject was a bit awkward. But now the I have a roof rack (and a ladder mounted on the lift gate) I know there are times when I would rather get to or onto the rack using a "full length" ladder. This would be from the side of the vehicle. I am envisioning something like those used in roof top tents but with a simple, temporary attachment to the to bar of the roof rack in order to hold it away from the side of the vehicle. Light weight. Extendable. I have an Xtend&Climb ladder (which I have never used) but no secure means to secure it to the top bar of a roof rack while in use. I would likely lash a short "pole" to the side or sides of the ladder so I have something to steady myself when climbing up onto the rack.

Any ideas?

Home Depot has some lightweight and compact ladders but as you said, attaching them to the rack would require some modifications. I usually grab onto the rack and climb up on the rear tire. At least until my acl is officially completely gone or I pull my back again. Getting old is awesome.

I have used an Extend ladder a lot to access my CampTeq. I added a standoff at the top to keep it away from the body. I can recommend the stability and quality of this ladder. I made one for a friend that spent the last 8 months in South America traveling and loved it.

IMG_8311[1].JPG

So how did you make the "stand off"? Or is there something I can buy that is already made?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom