Ron Davis vrs TOYOTA OEM radiator (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The fit and finish for the Liland radiator is every bit as good as the Ron Davis. No install fitment issues, just a factory bolt on. Just to remember that the alum. radiator is thicker than factory unit. the Liland /RD is about 2.7" thick vs the OEM plastic unit is about 2". You lost about 3/4" clearance between the mechanical fan and back of the radiator. Fine for overland and mall crawl. But i would caution if you do any rock crawling where the engine and tranny mounts get flexed and tested, the need to be in tip top shape or you risk pushing the fan into the radiator and all. Ask me how i knew..
Keep in mind that @Marco Lau has The 3FE and the clearance may be different with the 1FZ ;)

PO of my rig replaced the rad with a CSF, blew head gasket
I put in a second brand new CSF, massive overheating that would have been a head gasket if I didnt limp it home
The brass/copper CSF simply doesnt work on a 1fzfe in my opinion that design is for the 3FE

Went back to TYC and the rig runs great.

Been running a TYC for years with out issue !!

Last edited:
PO of my rig replaced the rad with a CSF, blew head gasket
I put in a second brand new CSF, massive overheating that would have been a head gasket if I didnt limp it home
The brass/copper CSF simply doesnt work on a 1fzfe in my opinion that design is for the 3FE

Went back to TYC and the rig runs great.
I put in a CSF after my OE blew @ 190k, nothing but headache and overheating on the highway, I tossed it in the dumpster after a month and went with a Ron Davis.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom