Builds Roma's 78 fj40 gets a refurb

Love the old split rim fire ring you've got there... I'm assuming that's what it's for at least. =)
yep this spot is at a designated campground so the ring was provided. I actually ended up flipping it out of the way about halfway through the evening because it seemed to be in the way of putting the bigger bits on the fire.

Since camping season is officially over for the deep south and the heat is getting unbearable already I made this hoist system over the weekend to take off my tent for the summer. It uses a 1200lb hand winch and 5 pulleys. Makes the job a one man ordeal. Im actually going to go ahead and pull the top off the 40 and come fall put it back together with a new roof cap gasket and new rear header rubbers. I haven't had the top off this thing since 2012 so looking forward to some open air driving.

hoist.jpg
hoist1.jpg

Looking excellent, running BFG KO2’s in 33”?
These are actually the ko tires but are in need of replacement. I had to mount the spare up on top of cinnamon pass. I think this time around I'm going to go with the km2's

Great meeting you Roma! Thanks for leading some of the trails!
You as well Nathan. Now I know your 60 looks as good in person as it does in the photos.

Top Bottom