Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I go to a meeting for 30 minutes and miss the fridge for sale,lol. How much was it? They seem more expensive for the dented ones now

And on another note.

I had email stock reminders set for all of them and never got an email so if you want one looks like you need to check stock often

"And on another note.

I had email stock reminders set for all of them and never got an email so if you want one looks like you need to check stock often"

me too, unfortunately...

can't find any 43 its or 50 qts

Well that was fast got shipping info and it was shipped from 30 miles from me :) will get here Tomorrow
by Fedex the 30 bucks in tax may have been worth it lol

got the fridge.

I cant find a dent or scratch on it. The only thing I can see is some waves in the metal of the lid if you look at it with your eye level and a strong light. Plugged it into the ac plug and it went from 89 deg to 9 deg in about 30-45 minutes. Its no where near loud but you can hear it. After I pulled the plug and came back from outside there was a faint chirp noise I assume was an alarm for the temp going up. I sure hope it was not gas escaping the condenser ;)

could someone please link the website again, not sure I am going to the right one.
Thanks

I tried to get the out of box 43qt but was to late... the guy talked me into a new one for $399.
Got it the next day, it works great but has a rattle when hitting bumps like others have posted. What is the fix on that.

If I can say one thing is... whait for the 63qt. The 43qt is a bit small.

could someone please link the website again, not sure I am going to the right one.
Thanks
Just Google FP430OB for out of box & FP430SD for scratched or dented. FP630 for 63qt. FP630OB FP630SD

Just saw this... I'm bummed, just picked up a 43qt for $399 2 days ago.
EdgeStar 63 Qt. 12V DC Portable Fridge/Freezer - FP630OB
Screenshot_2016-11-03-12-27-58.png

Almost year 3 for me since the first post and still going strong, saved the day last month for about 4 weeks while the land lord was finding a home replacement after the original took a dirt nap.

At this point it's cost me about a quarter per day and been one of the best things I've bought both for the 80 and in general. I know the ARB and Engel crowd will swear by their $1000 models but I'm perfectly happy with my mine and my penny pinching Dutch a$$ is happy as well.

Last edited:
I'm running into a problem with my 45qt. I think my kids are pushing it to close to the wall and it's overheating and shutting down the compressor. It's a matter of 5 inches from the wall instead of 6 inches.

Last edited:
Anyone end up finding a replacement direct bolt on hinge (not drill yourself) besides the Edgestar. They want $40 for a pair of stainless hinges now.

Compact Appliance website doesn't show any replacement hinges available right now and why replace plastic with the same, given the track record? I recently ordered a set of stainless steel hinges from Ambient (Stainless steel Hinge for FM-45G/FM-65G/FM-85G/FM-62DZ//FM-452SG) that fit the Whynter fridges, which is basically a brand name version of the Edgestar. The need was obvious...

1AmbientSShinges.jpg

2AmbientSShinges.jpg

The top/door side fits perfectly.

3AmbientSShinges.jpg

As you can see, the bottom is a bit off. There is a set of two extra holes that are threaded but foam-filled on the Edgestar. Only one will line up, so run the original mounting screw into it after cleaning the foam a bit to get it started. I then carefully drilled -- in order not to punch through to the inside of the cooler -- and installed a couple of metal screws to fasten down the other two holes.

Given the variations we've seen in the Edgestar, these may fit differently. But the do work and fit well other than needing to locate and drill a couple of new holes on each hinge. The pricing is reasonable, too, and service is fast. Good stuff for a vital need to improve the Edgestar.

5AmbientSShinges.jpg

1AmbientSShinges.jpg

Compact Appliance website doesn't show any replacement hinges available right now and why replace plastic with the same, given the track record? I recently ordered a set of stainless steel hinges from Ambient (Stainless steel Hinge for FM-45G/FM-65G/FM-85G/FM-62DZ//FM-452SG) that fit the Whynter fridges, which is basically a brand name version of the Edgestar. The need was obvious...

View attachment 1384408

View attachment 1384410

The top/door side fits perfectly.

View attachment 1384409

As you can see, the bottom is a bit off. There is a set of two extra holes that are threaded but foam-filled on the Edgestar. Only one will line up, so run the original mounting screw into it after cleaning the foam a bit to get it started. I then carefully drilled -- in order not to punch through to the inside of the cooler -- and installed a couple of metal screws to fasten down the other two holes.

Given the variations we've seen in the Edgestar, these may fit differently. But the do work and fit well other than needing to locate and drill a couple of new holes on each hinge. The pricing is reasonable, too, and service is fast. Good stuff for a vital need to improve the Edgestar.

View attachment 1384412

View attachment 1384403

What insulation blanket thingy are you using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom