Rolling the dice on this fridge 63QQT $270 shipped (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If I could get a hot brownie and some blue bell in the bush, I'd be cool with a lot of the outdoor bullish

You could get the hot brownies via one of @yodaTEQ manifold cooker contraptions!

You're welcome!!

Call NASA, it looks like I have some payload for them to launch. :lol:

KfFAZtW.jpg

I'm hoping this will help when I have to have the fridge in full sun. It is a bit of a PITA using a tarp to keep the sun off. I just couldn't see myself spending $70 on an insulated transit bag.

Picked up some tie downs, I just put some on my 63 qt and they work great.
LINK
And some stainless hinges
LINK

Picked up some tie downs, I just put some on my 63 qt and they work great.
LINK
And some stainless hinges
LINK

Good find on those hinges. I have a set of similar tie style tie downs I made if anyone wants them. I use the metal handles and tembo tusk straps as tie downs now.

Just wanted to update and say I LOVE MY FRIDGE/FREEZER!!

Also, I want a very low profile fridge slide like the one I built, but out of metal....It needs to lock in both open and closed positions and fully extend to allow me to open the fridge lid all the way. Plus it must utilize the factory mounting points in the floor. Can anybody make something like this here? Or know a vendor that sells exactly what I'm looking for?

Just wanted to update and say I LOVE MY FRIDGE/FREEZER!!

Also, I want a very low profile fridge slide like the one I built, but out of metal....It needs to lock in both open and closed positions and fully extend to allow me to open the fridge lid all the way. Plus it must utilize the factory mounting points in the floor. Can anybody make something like this here? Or know a vendor that sells exactly what I'm looking for?

I made a couple slides for 100 series that bolts to third row seat mounts. What model truck do you have?

I like the Front Runner fridge slides myself, but couldn't bring myself to spend the money when it's so easy to make.

Oops sorry I'm on a phone, can only see signatures if I turn sideways.

I made my own because I wanted to use seat mounts, not drill through floor or have to use plywood base... So that should work for you as an option.

If you build your own and use angle and flat bar for base and slide, most of the cost will be in the slides. I used Ryadon lock-in-out slides and I think it was about $140 shipped for 30" units.

Looks like front runner is $325 to $400 depending on your fridge. ARB probably about the same. LMK if I can get you any measurements from my 63 quart slide.

80 series in my sig..

Aww....I remember yours now, just found the pics again, yours is perfect! I don't weld so I'm looking to buy.

No the deals don't seem to be as great as they used to be and they've become scarce as well. On another note my house fridge went to the appliance place in the sky and we lived out of the 63 for almost 2 weeks before the new one came. Set it at 25 and was able to set all the frozen foods on the bottom and stacked other stuff on top and used the side rack for drinks.

Both of my 63s are still working well. I like the looks of that dual dometic next. Ice cream and cold beer sound great for the road.

I still love my 80 qt. The only thing is that there is a little rattle when going over bumps. I think I read about someone putting .60 mil rubber or something to kee it from rattling. I think it's the compressor bouncing.

For $300, I've gotten my money's worth.

I still love my 80 qt. The only thing is that there is a little rattle when going over bumps. I think I read about someone putting .60 mil rubber or something to kee it from rattling. I think it's the compressor bouncing.
SNIP

Yeah, probably is. The compressor is on a flex mount and some of the tubing leading to it seems randomly placed in my example, so could easily be knocking on yours. Something that remains compressible, like closed cell foam, would work best, as it will still allow a little movement for cushioning, but dampen enough to take the rattle out.

Ya I got a conformation on the 43 . When I ordered it said only 1 in stock. I think the others may still pop as they say temp backorded and they all said that Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom