rollcall-new TT (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Lord I hope that's not true!

That said, I'll be going with the Double Chili Cheeseburger (not A-Plenty, I have no use for onion rings), large order of fries and some extremely sweet tea. And a side of dill pickles. And I may get an Outside sandwich to go just so I can finally figure out what it is (I believe it to be barbecue). Asked about World's Fair last time, think JC said it was some sort of a club sandwich, shortly before he yelled "Less talkin' and more walkin'! Move the line!" I believe I'll pass on the Gizzard Plate, too close to the holidays. :D I've always wanted to order the Chicken Leg on a Bun just to see if the bone was still in the leg. Crunch. :eek: Also, Chili Bun. Is that chili on a bun? Who knows, not much time to ask questions at The Beacon. "Call it!" :D

Last edited:
I agree that the articles belong in TT, and completely understand why they were published. I read the first few, but they just didn't do a lot for me. Not criticizing the content or choice at all, I'm just ready to flip to the back of a TT and find something other than Tubby. All of you TT ginks are doing a great job and, well, I love you.:D

SWAK, baby! :D

I just rearranged the J/F issue for you, Garth. Enjoy! ;p

TJK

Speaking of J/F, how soon? I've been anxious for Alan's FJ impression.

It's been in the mail for a few days now. Slow going during the holidays though.

TJK

postage check

i sent the checks the next day after recieving the e-mail, which was sent to Jenn and not to me, last Wednesday I beleive.

this should be a non-issue... i have sent an e-mail to Jim asking him to call me so we can talk about this.

the checks for the N/D issue were mis-placed at AmWeb and they are addressed directly to Jim as he asked.

again, this ain't brain surgery... why can't they just bill us for all the postage... we only pay part of it up front... can't they handle that nad bill us? seems overly complex to me...

casey

I appreciate you taking the bull by the horns here, Casey. And in no way did I mean to imply that this was your fault. I assumed it was slow due to the holidays.

TJK

Woo hoo! Got mine today. What an awesome issue!! Alan and Tony are to be commended for their excellent submissions. I dropped everything and read those two articles. Flipped through to look at the ads. :eek: What a cool story on the new FJ. ;p I never realized what an excellent writer Alan is. You rock!!! :grinpimp: I like the way the Ivan Stewart article with the Toyota of Dallas ad turned out. And I really like the new binding. We're now like Playboy. All we need is a centerfold! :cool:

The pictures and color pages are really sweet! :D :D :D :D This should help me get some more advertisers. Way to go Todd and Charlie. You guys really rock, too.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It is awesome. The square binding was a first. I like the little 30th commeration on the cover.

Alan's article on the FJ was great except I'm longing for interior photos. THE BACKSEAT. I've heard conflicting reviews. http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=108557 is saying the pricing is much higher.

Also when I was at the Toy dealer the other day the salesman said they are coming with a J VIN. The motor is assembled hear and then sent to Japan.

I can imagine the amount of time Tony put into collecting the historical article. That article is awesome. I love the 70s cowboy hats.

And Todd I too remember the bicentenial quarters and everything being red, white, and blue. It is no small wonder that the TLCA original logos were red, white and blue.

I must admit this is the most anticipated I have been about a TT. I've thought of going to the dealer and showing them Alan's article. An hour drive just to gloat. HMMM! Maybe tomorrow. I need finish the locker retrofit on my 80 today!

Eric V.

dammit...quit talking about it...i'm rather anxious

p.s. don't worry casey...i didn't buy any jack with my check. i bought cruiser parts:)

I kinda like the cover. ;)

Mark...

I figured it was going to show up somewhere before too long. Gina usually asks me for caption info for her pictures of Cruisers and sometimes clarification of locations and such on non-Cruiser shots taken when we are out together. I've got a better handle on the details of our folks rigs and often remember specific places/dates better than she does I guess. She has recently asked me for some input on several pictures, including that one. I figured that she was sending it to Henry for future calender consideration,or some other use. Since the original picture was a horizontal, I didn't think about it in connection to the cover.

Pretty cool to see it there though. ;)

Mark...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom