Rocker Panel Tube Replacement Pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
hey guys. I'm searching for some good pics.

@Lil'John has a great thread for when Don did his.

Cutting and tubing the rockers

Lots of old threads lead to dead Birfield.com links or refer to NLA Iron Pig stuff.

We are doing the rockers all the way to the rear bumper on mine and need ideas

Post pics if you have em.

Rocker-4x4 tube steel tapered at the ends to look cool and tApped so that they can be used as air tanks as well.

Behind the wheel- cut parallel to the frame and 2x4 tube steel to seal it back up.

Mine was mandatory I like the stock look the best but mine were already partially cut out and toast.

Some do 4x3, some 4x4 , some 2x4. I like the high clearance look of 2x4

Need mo pics to show my fab guy

thats the rub , all my build pics ,engine ,rockers , gaskets . trim were up on birfield

I like the stock look the best but mine were already partially cut out and toast

As do I, I made mine from 1/4" plate and made them look stock as possible.
IMG_20141209_135455977_HDR_zps22074eab.jpg

In primer before paint.

IMG_20141222_173753359_HDR_zps85b8e007.jpg

J Mack's are awesome, but I don't know how the average shop hack, like myself, could make those. Mine are the old Iron Pig rockers 1/4" thick, wish they would start making them again. I'd go with the 2x4 heavy wall or would the 2x6 work better.

IPOR on the outside ,my rockers were good . mounted back to the tub in 5 spots ,slider bar on
download (2).jpg

2x4 is OK...but remember that the dimension is what gives it structure, not the wall thickness.

My lower fenders are rusted so I'm going across them too. Gonna weld bottoms. If they ever come off again it will be with a body saw

I have been wrastlin' with this issue too. I need sliders and i was going to use 3x4 and wanted to go from tire to tire. I am not sure how i want to secure the lower fender and welding is the easiest until you need to pull apart. I saw someone had made a bracket but it wasnt my favorite. I would like to be able to fold a 90 on the fender and create a 3/4-1" lip.

Last edited:
Ooo I think I like the dzus fastener idea. If I wasn't so cheap I would use them on every inch of my pig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom