RIP Tillie (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Slomo

It's Complicated
Threads
I had to put my beloved Tillie to sleep this morning. :crybaby::frown::crybaby::frown::crybaby::frown:

She was fine when we went to bed but we were awakened to her strained partially obstructed breating at 03:30. She was initially unresponsive but regained just enough to give me a kiss on the cheek. She was going downhill fast and by the time I got her to the Emergency Vet she was really bad. I had to let her go to prevent her any further suffering. Probably the most difficult decision I have ever had to make. Those of you that met and wheeled with Tillie and I know how close our bond was and how horribly this is affecting me. She had been on some tough trails and loved every minute of it. Wheeling will never be the same without her.

God speed Tillie Dog, thank you for the memories. :frown::cheers::frown:

So sorry to hear that Mo, she seemed like a really great dog. Losing them has to be the only downside of having a dog. Sorry for your loss!

Thank you. You are right, that 7:1 age ratio sucks ass. Even worse when they die at 8.5 years old. :frown:

I am very sorry for your loss, 8.5 is young for a small dog, I agree on the age ratios it does suck, but just remember the joy that she brought to your life...

there is a saying I like
" A great dog is not a product of breading, planning or training it is a gift from God"

Man, I'm really sorry about that. I know I'll be a wreck when it's my turn with Zero. Hang in there.

I'm really sorry for your loss Mo!

So sorry to hear about your loss Mo, Tillie was a great dog. I will be facing the same decision soon and it sucks but the joy they bring makes it all worth it.

My heart goes out to you and the family Mo. Sad loss. Tillie was a great wheeler!!!

I am truly saddened to hear that Mo. Having had dogs all of my life, I know what you're going through. It's truly amazing how those four legged rascals weave their way into your heart.

I also know that no words help at a time like this. Only time lessens the pain. The day in which you get to bring home a new pup and the distraction that follows, always seems to help as well.

To Tillie :cheers:

I saw the thread and didn't want to click on it. Im still having trouble reading this thinking it's real. Damnit man, im so sorry for your loss. As a fellow Boston Terrier owner and having met Tillie numerous times this hits home like it's our own pup. If there's anything we can do, even go grab a beer.. let me know man.. im there for ya Mo. Sucks, i wish i could have said goodbye to Tillie. She died on Dixie's 7th birthday too! I feel like im rambling cause i don't know what else to say. Other than it really sucks. We are both avid dog lovers and treat them as one of the family. Today we lost not only a good dog but a good friend. I need to stop typing cause im gonna fawken cry damnit.

RIP TILLIE We'll miss you bigtime! :(

Dang Mo that just sucks man, I know you loved Tillie so much. I've got great memories of you grinding along Holcomb Creek....Tillie as co pilot, Tillie in your lap....and Tillie at the wheel? Thanks for sharing your loss Mo, only time will heal.

Driver: Mo Co-Driver: Tillie
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309182&stc=1&d=1237998505

tilliemh3.jpg

Mo & Tillie.jpg

Last edited:
Couple pics of her..

Tillie up on Saddleback... making friends wherever she goes..
tilliesaddleback.jpg

Tillie, at Calico Cleanup 2007
She would have pulled that car body home for Mo with her teeth if he asked.
riptilliegirl.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, that stinks. I know how you feel. Just remember though, she had a great home, and was loved the entire time. Some pets aren't so lucky to have had a home like that.

That sucks Mo. I have nothing to share that will lessen your pain, but know that all of us with pets who have touched our hearts are right there with you.

Cherish the memories and share them often.

Really sorry to hear this. I don't know what to say. :frown:

sorry to read that. All the best!

MO......

Dude I'm so sorry to see what I'm reading... She seemed so healthy the last time I saw you.. what a few weeks ago?!? I'm sitting here looking at my Boston's and can't imagine what your going thru brother :frown:.... Don't really know what to say but I'm so sorry for your loss.

Take care my man!

Scotty

Yeah Calico Cleanup 07.

Thats the first time I met Tillie and the sidekick Mo.
Its never easy when you lose somebody. Im always going to remember Tillie as the co-driver of Mos 80 and as somebody who had more experience rock wheeling than Ill ever have.

Take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom