Right side windshield frame on a left side body? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello y'all, I'm just now applying to the site after reading many forums that helped me with my tireless project of fixing up my 78'. So, I have been getting and ordering parts from other vendors and people of craigslist. And I found a windshield that is the same year as my vehicle. However, it is a right side frame.. I own a left side body. If I put this right side frame on the left side body, would this make any complications other than the motor now being on the same side as the driver? I need some help with this one. Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated!

When it rains your vision will be impaired due to the voids in windshield wiper stroke. Also the wiring will need to be modified as it will come down on the wrong side.

When it rains your vision will be impaired due to the voids in windshield wiper stroke. Also the wiring will need to be modified as it will come down on the wrong side.

Yeah, I did see that as a potential issue, but I'm not sure how much of my vision will be impaired, I'd imagine that it would be similar-ish to driving in the passenger seat.

You're correct. I would search for the correct windshield frame. There are plenty to be had for a reasonable sum. It will be safer and less trouble in the long run.

I think I'd rather have an early frame with the wipers on top that was at least a lhd rather than a late model rhd frame.

How much is your life worth?

You would also have to get RHD windshield wipers- they bend in the opposite direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom