Rhino lining the body of a 60 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

My favorite is the red cruiser at the top. If you line the entire side of the truck, you are wasting your money. Line-X is to protect your truck from surface harm, in my opinion, rust. I think that one should do what the red truck at the top of the page did and paint the rest up to the bodyline in black. Putting the $ into the line-x up to the beltline is not efficient, because nothing will affect the doors that terribly if it is that high. If it is rocks that you are worried about, then line-x would not help anyway.

:beer:

GLTHFJ60 said:
My favorite is the red cruiser at the top. If you line the entire side of the truck, you are wasting your money. Line-X is to protect your truck from surface harm, in my opinion, rust. I think that one should do what the red truck at the top of the page did and paint the rest up to the bodyline in black. Putting the $ into the line-x up to the beltline is not efficient, because nothing will affect the doors that terribly if it is that high. If it is rocks that you are worried about, then line-x would not help anyway.

:beer:

Ya know, sometimes it's ok to keep your opinions to yourself. I'm sure MR.FJ60 had a good reason to Line-X his truck the way he did. If you don't like it, fine, you can say it doesn't fit your style, but don't be running off at the mouth about what a waste of money it is.

no chit
I wouldn't do it, but I like the way it looks, but he should have done the valence and blacked out the grill and headlight trim too.

well after seeing Peepers 62 in person when we swapped out his injectors and bored out throttle body. i really liked how his durabeck-ed lower panels looked and I liked the rust prevention idea as well.
so I decided to do mine. I decided to try a marine deck paint instead of durabek in that I could head down to the local West Marine to get it and didn't have to have it mailed. I used Interlux 'brightside' paint
http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/xrefintbrightside.asp
plus the non texture of it would be easier to repaint over in case I didn't like the 2 toned nature of it.
anyway here are a few pics of how it came out. still some chunks of tape to take off but over al i am pleased with how it looks
http://www.yankeetoys.org/cruiserjason/images/index/lower panel painting/IMG_0997.JPG
http://www.yankeetoys.org/cruiserjason/images/index/lower panel painting/IMG_0998.JPG
http://www.yankeetoys.org/cruiserjason/images/index/lower panel painting/IMG_1000.JPG

Line X

This is great stuff.
Cruiser Pics 034.jpg

jungleboy said:
maybe this can help you make your mind. :D

does anyone know how many cans of herculiner it would take to do a 60 like this?

Brian

the picture didn't show up. I mean from the contour line down. How many gallons would that take?

Brian

i think #3 looks sweet

I did mine two weeks ago similar to the red 60...It took one half of a one-gallon can. I love the look and will try to post pictures soon.

Dan

post pics for us. I might end up doing my lower portion, to cover from cutting rear 1/4's b/c of rust and continue for a little protection from rocks, etc. Which brands are worth a crap that you buy and DIY? Buddy of mine did his ranger awhile back and within a year it was flaking/scraping/getting cloudy/dull, but I dont remember the brand. I will have to check with him. Also, you can get some of them titned correct? Anyone with it about the same color as thier cruiser?

the best product to use i think is linex rhinolining comes out almost spongy linex is very flexible and comes out alot more clean and even i know several people who have painted the whole bodys of their trucks with linex they also do color matching so if you want you can have it sprayed with the origional factory color
and it isnt priced much differently that rhino liner and it has a life time waranty i am actualy fixing to put it on my 60

Check out the link in my sig line.

I used 'Extreme Liners' at a 70% polyurethane and 30% polyureha. This is apparently not the typical mixture. It is much much harder than the typical blend (whatever that happens to be).

The guy that sprayed the 60 for me said it would be great for the side of the truck but would be a terrible bed liner at that ratio because everything would slide around. I figured if I ever leaned against a tree I don't really need it to stick. The stuff is guaranteed forever and after one year still looks great with the occasional Armor-All wipe. Very pleased with the lines I chose and especially my 'bug deflector'.

I just purchased an HJ60, and the PO has painted the lower rockers, partial hood, and roof with Rhino (actually a cut mixture). I am looking into a complete repaint, preferably Coronado Beige. Can I paint over rhino liner, or just the remaining original paint. Thanks for your thoughts. I'm a little worried about what all tha rhino is covering up. Thanks

^looks good yourname.... can youroll that stuff on??

lunyou

I'm not sure exactly.The guy that did it for me said it comes out of the gun at 1200 psi and 250 degrees. The two chemicals mix in mid air after leaving the nozzle of the gun. I'm guessing this prouct shouldn't be rolled on.

anyone have pics of a blue 60/62 with bed liner following the fenders?

Last edited:
bump

still looking for the pic. ive been through all my cruiser pictures now and cant find it. Im going to be ordering durabak within the next two weeks and want to see what it looks like again.

Im either going with the textured uv black or smooth uv black. durabak should be sending me a sample of the smooth uv black to check out.

anyone have the smooth durabak?

btw WileE thats a cool color combo. what color bedliner is that? sand?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom