Review: Cellet cell phone mount... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

woody

Staff member
Admin
Threads
Amazon.com: Cellet Extra Strength Universal Magnetic Car Dashboard Mount for Smartphones and Tablets - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

I've been running the Cellet mount on various vehicles for about a year...HUGELY impressed. I use the round disc on my phone hard case and it does not come loose...despite bouncing down Moab trails in our BJ74 :)

Easy to rotate for landscape or portrait viewing...easy to position for navigation...

Recommended, highly :) - ...and at ~$12ish ea, a great price too! We have one in EVERY vehicle.

Screenshot_2016-05-09-08-51-37.png

Magnetic right? So you lose the smart phone compass then? Probably ok unless your nav software can/does use the compass vs GPS for direction heading.

cheers,
george.

Magnetic right? So you lose the smart phone compass then? Probably ok unless your nav software can/does use the compass vs GPS for direction heading.

cheers,
george.
Never noted an issue...Backcountry Navigator, PDF Maps, Sygic or Google Maps.

Yeah, most will use the GPS to determine direction - but that only works while you are moving. Try an app that displays the actual compass data and see what happens with the magnet attachment...

cheers,
george.

Tested with a compass app...correct, it doesn't work.

course, anytime I use/need a compass it's flat on my lap/hand, not vertical on a dash mount...which means I'm outside the vehicle...

Thanks for the tip. I got mine yesterday, just in time for a trip. I don't know how I lived without this thing. I can't believe how excited I am about a $12 phone mount.

I used the rectangular metal piece behind my case and it is very secure.

Two thumbs up!

Magnet is on the dash rubber piece. Steel plate on the phone is very thin..

I'm astounded at how well it works..

In general would it hold the device if the metal plate was just slipped between the case and the device instead of stuck on? Depending on thickness of the case of course.

Yes

Has anyone tried it with a plastic phone case installed on the phone?

Want to get for my iPhone 6, but it has rubber slip on and thin plastic case over the rubber.

Has anyone tried it with a plastic phone case installed on the phone?

Want to get for my iPhone 6, but it has rubber slip on and thin plastic case over the rubber.

This is what I want to know. I have a silicone case on my HTC, won't go without it, I drop it too often.

This is what I want to know. I have a silicone case on my HTC, won't go without it, I drop it too often.

The iPhone's are too hard to hang onto without a case. I have a stick on mount that works pretty good on-road, but busts loose pretty quick when we start bouncing.

My HTC M8 is the same, very slippery without a case. The Verizon sales dude assured me the screen had an insurance policy, so I went without, which lasted about 2 weeks until I dropped it and the screen broke. It was a huge PITA to get the screen replaced by HTC, so now it's in a case.

The metal disc that comes with the mount sticks to the outside of the case. That is how mine is set up.

81hz9TrjBwL._SL1500_.jpg

I tested mine in all conditions on a trip to Utah last week. I have the big rectangular plate behind my phone case. The only time the phone budged on the mount was on an extremely washboarded gravel road. With regular road & trail conditions, it is solid.

Totally happy with it.

I can't visualize how the Cellet mount attaches to the DASH.

I see that there is an adhesive metal disc that attaches to the phone...
And a magnetic holder to the phone...

But how does the whole contraption mount to the vinyl covered foam dash?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom