SOLD Retro Aftermarket FJ40 Rear Bumper - Look Inside (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

EWheeler

4 Cruisers, No Garage !
GOLD Star
Threads
I am not sure if this was a commonly available aftermarket rear bumper offered for Fj40's back in the day, but I want one exactly like this. I have ability to build one to match, but wanted to go fishing first because it would save me a bunch of time in the shop I could use for other tasks. From a recent sale ad here:

IMG_6043.JPG
IMG_6046 (1).JPG

Post in the 45 forum. There have been a few guys that got them with their shortbeds back in the day and pulled them off. If they haven’t tossed them, probably avail for the cost of shipping.😉

I am not sure if this was a commonly available aftermarket rear bumper offered for Fj40's back in the day, but I want one exactly like this. I have ability to build one to match, but wanted to go fishing first because it would save me a bunch of time in the shop I could use for other tasks. From a recent sale ad here:

View attachment 2834569View attachment 2834570
I have one, fresh off my 45.

Kevo

Post in the 45 forum. There have been a few guys that got them with their shortbeds back in the day and pulled them off. If they haven’t tossed them, probably avail for the cost of shipping.😉

I have one, fresh off my 45.

Kevo

Thank you both. Fingers crossed KevO's is what I'm after. Kinda figured I'd be looking for a hens tooth but figured a want ad was worth a shot.

Still looking for one. @whitey45 found one for me on Facebook up in Northern California, but have been unsuccessful convincing the seller to ship it. It looks like this one is a more common aftermarket design that may have came on FJ45 SWB trucks? Here is the one @whitey45 found:

IMG_0689.PNG
IMG_0690.PNG

Here is one i saw in the FJ45 forum:

B37CF80D-C91E-471E-95B4-1F8004136773.jpeg

Bump.

Bump. Still looking for the right rear bumper.

I took another look and was comparing the most recent pictures posted. Mine looks to be the same, but unfortunately a PO took the liberty of trimming the vertical trim off the top of my bumper.
Yes, ive re looked at the photo you posted many times. If it wasnt trimmed, it would work for me. Do you have any photos of it installed on your 45?

Yes, ive re looked at the photo you posted many times. If it wasnt trimmed, it would work for me. Do you have any photos of it installed on your 45?
I'll look around for some pics. I thought it fit pretty well. Not a huge feat to bend some plate and weld. Just a thought...

Sorry, I couldn't find any pictures with the bumper mounted. I would have to remove the bumperettes and mock it up.

KevO

Still looking for a rear bumper as pictured above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom