Build Resurrecting my 1967

Member Builds and Stories

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Working on getting my Subaru seats solidly in. Stripped the excess bracketry off the rails on the passenger side seat and built a nee mounting surface on the OG seats frame. Rail width is also a perfect match to bolt to the OG driver side subframe without any extra mounting points needed. Still need to take that seat apart to bolt it on. Overall some solid progress.

IMG_6744.webp


IMG_6752.webp


IMG_6751.webp
 
Test mounted. Now to paint the passenger seat frame. I’ve got some nice black seat covers for these. Should match my CCOT rear seat when I get it.

IMG_6753.webp
 
Last edited:
Definitely need to get a blasting box. The ol’ POS craftsman works but I ran out of sand.

IMG_6772.webp
 
Tomorrow is the big blast day! Then we seal seams, prime and a little body filler here and there.

IMG_6818.webp


IMG_6819.webp


IMG_6820.webp
 
Love that is was sold from an implement company 😉.
 
Well i get to have a do over. Not sure how I botched the paint but it was peeling off in strips. Failed basic painters tape test. Round two will be epoxy primer and polyurethane single Stage carnival red. Huge bummer and **** up on my end.
IMG_6958.webp


IMG_6959.webp


IMG_6957.webp


IMG_7023.webp


IMG_7110.webp
 
This morning I fired up my double barrel stove in the garage. It was a crisp 30 degrees outside. Warmed up everything real nice shut it down at about 11 o’clock and I was able to spray my epoxy primer at about 1 o’clock. Tomorrow I’ll be doing two or three coats of my polyurethane, carnival red, single stage.

IMG_7151.webp


IMG_7156.webp


IMG_7162.webp


IMG_7157.webp


IMG_7163.webp
 
Good luck.
Getting closer to painting mine.
I'm in Missoula hope the temps go up.
Yeah it’s hit or miss this time of year. I’m
so paranoid right now since my last paint debacle. Gotta get it right.
 
Sweet! Is that just paint dust in the engine compartment (& not overspray since it was covered)? I haven’t done any serious painting in my shop because it’s also drafty and it’s close to a dirt road (that’s slowly becoming a dirt highway with all the imports 😡).
 
Sweet! Is that just paint dust in the engine compartment (& not overspray since it was covered)? I haven’t done any serious painting in my shop because it’s also drafty and it’s close to a dirt road (that’s slowly becoming a dirt highway with all the imports 😡).
Just dust from driving dirt roads in the engine bay. Luckily our road got paved a couple years ago.
 
Back
Top Bottom