Repro FJ40 jump seat straps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok Sounds good. They are $25 plus 5$ shipping. You can send $30 via paypal to me at @eric@shwoodshop.com and I will get them out. Please include your address either here or in the Paypal comments section. Thanks!
Payment made. I saw on ebay you have a gasket set from neoprene for the barn doors, driver/passenger doors, hood hinges as well as the spare wheel carrier and latch. Can you make a set for a 77 containing only the ambulance doors and spare wheel carrier including latch gaskets?

Payment made. I saw on ebay you have a gasket set from neoprene for the barn doors, driver/passenger doors, hood hinges as well as the spare wheel carrier and latch. Can you make a set for a 77 containing only the ambulance doors and spare wheel carrier including latch gaskets?
I can’t do gaskets for that year, only because I I don’t have a cruiser from that era to take measurements from, sorry! I wish I did, as I’ve had a few people ask.

Hi,
What could I get a set for a '73 FJ 40 in a OD or Green? Not real sure of the color, but I found a partial strap under the seat that looks tan or light brown..
thanks!

Hi,
What could I get a set for a '73 FJ 40 in a OD or Green? Not real sure of the color, but I found a partial strap under the seat that looks tan or light brown..
thanks!
Sure I can help you out. If you found a partial strap that looks tan then you definitely had the beige straps. I’ve spent a lot of time finding a very close match to this original color. I can also do OD green, which was mainly used on cruisers pre ‘71 from what I can tell. I just need to know what you’d like the eye to eye distance to be. Standard lengths for the early wide seats is 7.5” eye to eye. Some of the first skinnier seats took 11” eye to eye, and later skinny seats were more like 13” eye to eye.

I bought a set of the natural fiber with painted hardware. The hardware is more gray than green but looks fine when not put side by side to an OEM strap.

View attachment 1891164 View attachment 1891165
I have a Dune Beige 1979 FJ40 with grey interior - Do you know the original color of the jump seat straps (tan, black or olive) and if the hardware on the straps was painted (or was it bare metal?)

I have a Dune Beige 1979 FJ40 with grey interior - Do you know the original color of the jump seat straps (tan, black or olive) and if the hardware on the straps was painted (or was it bare metal?)
There were only 2 OEM jumpseat strap colors for the 40s, the olive drab were for the early wide jump seats, and then once they switched to skinnier seats to fit within the factory roll bar, they switched the strap color (and length) to a tan colored strap, and also changed the length a few times also after that. Yours should need tan straps that are 13” eye to eye. Also, all OEM jump straps had painted hardware that was a greenish grey color, which I have matched pretty closely for the straps I build.
the top eyelet that connects the strap to the seat back is solid brass, per OEM spec also.
hope this helps! I’ve done quite a lot of research into these silly straps.
If you’d like a set, I sell them as a set of 2 for 25$ plus 5$ to ship.
might want to measure the distance first and see if 13” eye to eye is right for you. If you’ve added thicker foam, you might need something longer.

There were only 2 OEM jumpseat strap colors for the 40s, the olive drab were for the early wide jump seats, and then once they switched to skinnier seats to fit within the factory roll bar, they switched the strap color (and length) to a tan colored strap, and also changed the length a few times also after that. Yours should need tan straps that are 13” eye to eye. Also, all OEM jump straps had painted hardware that was a greenish grey color, which I have matched pretty closely for the straps I build.
the top eyelet that connects the strap to the seat back is solid brass, per OEM spec also.
hope this helps! I’ve done quite a lot of research into these silly straps.
If you’d like a set, I sell them as a set of 2 for 25$ plus 5$ to ship.
might want to measure the distance first and see if 13” eye to eye is right for you. If you’ve added thicker foam, you might need something longer.
I measured - they are 13 in. eye to eye. Did you match the hardware, e.g. the strap tips to look like OEM? Can you send me a pick of the tan strap that you are talking about (and if you have an original next to it for comparison sake, that would be great)

I measured - they are 13 in. eye to eye. Did you match the hardware, e.g. the strap tips to look like OEM? Can you send me a pick of the tan strap that you are talking about (and if you have an original next to it for comparison sake, that would be great)
All of these questions are answered in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom