Repro FJ40 jump seat straps (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All of these questions are answered in this thread.
934F56F0-9F28-4969-9FFC-17DB3B1C5D1C.jpeg
I have spent countless hours hunting for the best match for hardware, this is what I have found. The 2 straps on the right are the ones I make, the 3 on the left are all old and warn OEM straps. The color of these OEM straps have faded from decades of sun exposure, but originally they were a darker tan.
The thickness of the strap is also important to note. Mine are heavy duty, just like the OEM straps, not some flimsy light material.
Anyway, there ya go!

View attachment 2771145I have spent countless hours hunting for the best match for hardware, this is what I have found. The 2 straps on the right are the ones I make, the 3 on the left are all old and warn OEM straps. The color of these OEM straps have faded from decades of sun exposure, but originally they were a darker tan.
The thickness of the strap is also important to note. Mine are heavy duty, just like the OEM straps, not some flimsy light material.
Anyway, there ya go!
I'd like to order some. Let me know how!

I can make either beige or olive drag green. I also need to know the eyelet to eyelet distance (on center) that you need. Just let me know here.
Beige would be ideal. And Not entirely sure on eyelet to eyelet. It's a '79 cruiser... cruiser corps says that's their 11" strap. I can go out and measure if that is sufficient.

Beige would be ideal. And Not entirely sure on eyelet to eyelet. It's a '79 cruiser... cruiser corps says that's their 11" strap. I can go out and measure if that is sufficient.
Yeah it’s always best to measure. 11” is usually correct for a ‘79, as long as you know the jump seats are the original ones. There are a few other seats from different years that look very similar but the twist lock is positioned either further up or further down.

Yeah it’s always best to measure. 11” is usually correct for a ‘79, as long as you know the jump seats are the original ones. There are a few other seats from different years that look very similar but the twist lock is positioned either further up or further down.
Okay. I’ll get you a measurement later today and let you know! Thanks.

Did you confirm the measurement? I’ll be making a batch of straps later today and can get yours going if you can confirm soon. Thanks.
I can’t actually see where it fastens on the back of the jump seat. They may be aftermarket and not oem. I suspect icon. I’ll check what they say about installing a strap.

Did you confirm the measurement? I’ll be making a batch of straps later today and can get yours going if you can confirm soon. Thanks.
Got the measurement. 17.5 inches believe it or not. The seats must be aftermarket. Never heard of the tether being that long!
Hopefully it’s doable - let me know.

Thanks in advance.

I can’t actually see where it fastens on the back of the jump seat. They may be aftermarket and not oem. I suspect icon. I’ll check what they say about installing a strap.

Got the measurement. 17.5 inches believe it or not. The seats must be aftermarket. Never heard of the tether being that long!
Hopefully it’s doable - let me know.

Thanks in advance.
yeah must me aftermarket, longest OEM strap I believe is 13" eye to eye. Yeah I can do 17.5" eye to eye in beige. price is 25$ plus 5$ for shipping. You can send it via paypal to eric@shwoodshop.com. And get me your address here so I can ship them to ya.

yeah must me aftermarket, longest OEM strap I believe is 13" eye to eye. Yeah I can do 17.5" eye to eye in beige. price is 25$ plus 5$ for shipping. You can send it via paypal to eric@shwoodshop.com. And get me your address here so I can ship them to ya.
Just paid and sent PM. let me know if you don’t get the PM, it’s my first time…

Hello,

If you've got some on the shelf, or are going to be making a batch soon, I'd like to order a set for an 03/81 BJ40: 11". Khaki/tan

$30 Paypal on the way, and address will be in the notes.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Travis.-
Ok no problem, I do have some tan 11” eye to eye straps cut, just need to assemble. I’ll try to get you out a set this week.
Thanks!

Ok no problem, I do have some tan 11” eye to eye straps cut, just need to assemble. I’ll try to get you out a set this week.
Thanks!
Received. Excellent quality. Great match to OEM. Quick shipping.
Thanks for an excellent product and support to the community.

Great looking straps. I'd love to order a pair of beige (as pictured above) for my '83 FJ43. Jump seats are a bit longer and therefore heavier, but I imagine your straps could hold them, correct?

I measured 11" from eyelet to latch. Just let me know how much and I'll Paypal you. Thanks.

Great to hear, I’m glad you like them! Thanks for the feedback.
Great looking straps. I'd love to order a pair of beige (as pictured above) for my '83 FJ43. Jump seats are a bit longer and therefore heavier, but I imagine your straps could hold them, correct?

I measured 11" from eyelet to latch. Just let me know how much and I'll Paypal you. Thanks.

@Nixon481

Im a buyer for a pair of olive drab straps @ 11" eye to eye. Would choose painted over shiny silver for the metal bits. Please let me know if you are willing & able and I will send you payment through PP F&F.

Still making these?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom