Repop fuel hardlines (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anybody have recommendations on who makes fuel hardlines for the 40? I’m missing the return hardline, and the small section that passes through the floor grommet.

I can bend and cut my own from Nicopp or steel, but beading the end to make a barb for rubber hose and clamp is very cost prohibitive tool wise.

Does anybody have recommendations on who makes fuel hardlines for the 40? I’m missing the return hardline, and the small section that passes through the floor grommet.

I can bend and cut my own from Nicopp or steel, but beading the end to make a barb for rubber hose and clamp is very cost prohibitive tool wise.

Thanks Racer X.

I forgot to Google custom brake lines. BTW, when are you getting domelights back in stock?

Maybe someone can chime in. Is there any difference in making fuel lines as compared to making brake lines? If not, it sounds like an additional business opportunity for @Rainman . I get people asking for such sources all the time.

I don't make them. I have before but it's slightly different and I was advised by a long time auto guy... "Don't make fuel lines because the requirements and regulations reguarding those systems, if something ever happened, I could be blamed with an unregulated product." That was all I needed to hear. It doesn't make up enough revenue to take that chance. Sorry. The brake lines don't make a living for me anyway. Just a side biz.

I would think stopping is as critical as going as far as liability is concerned 😂.

Even as a product from a side business, @Rainman ‘s brake lines are skookum. Best thing on my rebuild. Fuel lines would be great, along with a few less lawyers 👿.

Easy enough to make your own, just get you a 8MM (5/16") tube beader.... -> click here <-

1627097459416.png

Also, the 90402-13041 nut is available as well as the 96395-71400 olive.

I thought I had read on the forum last year that Classic Tube was doing fuel lines. I’ve never looked into it.

Thanks @GA Architect for the recommendation, but I believe that tool is really only suitable for aluminum and Nicopp is even too much for the tool.

@65swb45 I did come across the Classic Tube lines.

I was hoping someone had experience with them. The information on that site is terrible.

I’d recommend making them yourself. They’re pretty easy to make up, and not very expensive. I reused the nuts with new compression fittings.

I made my lines on my 71, wasn’t very difficult with new nuts and olives from Toyota. I have used inline tube for other items and have had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom