Replacement Rearview Mirror. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
In case anyone is wondering if an FJ60 mirror will work in a 55. Yes, yes it will. You can see a slight indentation where the other one was. I may drill new holes in the bracket so that it sits exactly where the old one was, but overnight that indentation in my headliner disappeared so I prob won't. My old mirror plastic was turning into dust from sun and age so this is a nice improvement.

Anyone know where to get good replacement visors?

IMG_1375.JPG

So, is the 60 mirror a stock item or did you have to get a used one. I don't think you're going to have any luck with the visors, other than have them redone at an upholstery shop like I did. I believe J Mack went with airplane visors.

So, is the 60 mirror a stock item or did you have to get a used one. I don't think you're going to have any luck with the visors, other than have them redone at an upholstery shop like I did. I believe J Mack went with airplane visors.

I bought it new from Cruiser Corps. I couldn't find anything decent used. It wasn't a cheap solution, but it's much nicer than what I had. They are almost identical in size to the stock mirror, slightly different shape.

40 looks nice, I had a 78 same color. I can see the tan taco needed to peek in also. :)

ha ha, good eye. My 40 is a 79. Good color! That's actually a Tundra photo bombing there.

Last edited:
I was thinking they would work well, thanks for the leg work!...for the visors, just find a local guy or buy an old sewing machine...You got the 60 series visor clips into the 55 brow OK, I assume???

I was thinking they would work well, thanks for the leg work!...for the visors, just find a local guy or buy an old sewing machine...You got the 60 series visor clips into the 55 brow OK, I assume???

yeah I've got the clips up top. My visors are worn and the little sleeve on the rod where it attaches to the clip is falling apart. The 60 series look very similar, but of course you can't get those parts anymore either. I guess I'll have to refinish them somehow.

The older 55 visors are different than the newer ones. On the old ones the visors clip into the mirror body, so that mirror won't work for the old style.

The older 55 visors are different than the newer ones. On the old ones the visors clip into the mirror body, so that mirror won't work for the old style.

Yep, that is too bad the 60 series mirrors won't take the visors...

Do you know what year they switched? I looked it up - 1968 to 9/77 visors clip into the rear view mirror.

Looks like SOR has visor covers: Page 140 Land Cruiser 40 & 55 Series Sun Visors, Grips & Arm Rests

SOr also has an aftermarket 9/77 to 7/80 55 mirror: Page 166 Land Cruiser 55, 60 & 62 Series Mirrors

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom